Search results

1. Ed Nelson

More serving trays

Here are a couple more serving trays I made for Christmas presents. Both of the panels are veneered over BB ply. This one is Cherry with cherry veneer and maple burl veneer. The banding is from Inlaybanding.com This one is Walnut with walnut and sapele veneer. This banding is also from...
  2. Ed Nelson

Compass Rose Tray

This is a Christmas present for my Dad. I have several more to do, but they won't be quite this complicated! The pattern is from Mike Henderson. Thanks Mike!
  3. Ed Nelson

Federal Influenced Serving Tray

Hey guys! I haven't been over here too much lately, but I thought I'd show my latest project. It's a serving tray I've been working on for the last couple weeks. The fans were done a few months ago with no project in mind. LOML said she wanted a serving tray which gave me an opportunity to try...
  4. Ed Nelson

Carved Turning

Thought I'd share what I've been working on for the last couple weeks. My dad showed me a lidded box he turned a couple weeks ago and I loved the basic shape, but I decided to take it a step further and carve it. It is walnut and the carving is supposed to be walnut branches. I hope you like it!
  5. Ed Nelson

Carved Plaques for over Doorways

Here a couple of plaques I made for Christmas presents this year. I couldn't post the sailboats earlier, since Dad may have taken a peek!:eek: The first is done in red oak and was made for my Dad. The second is one of two of the same carving I made for the inlaws. Let me know what you think!
  6. Ed Nelson

Penn State Industries Question

Has anyone else had problems with Penn State Industries' customer service? I bought a gift certificate for my dad several months ago and he has had nothing but trouble trying to use it. I'm in the process of writing a letter to their customer service, but I'd really like to send a copy...
  7. Ed Nelson

New DT Saw

Here is a pic of my "new" dovetail saw. This is something I started making a couple years ago. Alan DuBoff offered me some very nice saw nuts. Imagine my surprise when I open a box to find an entire saw kit!!! The blade, back, and nuts are from him. He also sent a maple handle cutout, but I had...
  8. Ed Nelson

Flag Case - Need some advice

Hello all! I finally finished the flag case I started a while back. This is for my MIL's husband who passed away earlier this year. Here's a pic, but my MIL was also given the casings from the 21 gun salute. I would like to arrange them in the case, but am having trouble figuring out how. I...
  9. Ed Nelson

Spoon Carving

I carved another spoon. It is basswood with garnet shellac & wax finish. Let me know what you think!
  10. Ed Nelson

Spoon Carving

Here's a spoon I just completed. Wood is basswood and finish is garnet shellac and wax. Let me know what you think!
  11. Ed Nelson

Went to the MWTCA Meet

Went the the MWTCA meet in Raleigh, NC yesteday. Thought you guys might like a couple pics! These are the collection of the host of the meet. A few saws and planes! Some scroll saws. Lathes. And I made a new friend too! Someone else there gave Roy a gift of bandaids!
  12. Ed Nelson

Iris Carving

Took another shot at carving. Sketched out the Iris and carved in basswood. I definitely need to practice a lot more, but it was a fun project!
  13. Ed Nelson

Flag Case - Need Pics!

This past week my wifes stepfather was called home and the service was held yesterday. It was very nicely done and the American Legion provided Honor Guard service for a man who served and loved his country. I would like some ideas for a flag case that I can present to my MIL. So, please show...
  14. Ed Nelson

Turned another pen

Decided I needed a quick fix for a finished project...and then I made it a little difficult!:D Walnut with cherry inlay.
  15. Ed Nelson

Hall Table Finished!!!

LOML decided a while back we needed a hall table in the foyer. Started this a few days ago, but decided I should post some pics of the progress. Hopefully that will incent me to get it done in a fairly timely manner! This is the cabriole legs and front skirt dry fitted. Still have to do some...
  16. Ed Nelson

Saw Till

I needed a saw till for the few hand saws I have. Still needs some modifications for shorter saws, but it is much better than what I had. It also gives me a little space for the planes! I made about 80% with hand tools. Decided not to bother finishing it since I may built a better one (also...
  17. Ed Nelson

New Cordless Router!

I decided I needed a cordless router, so I made one! It ain't pretty to look at, but it works quite well (at least in soft pine!!)
  18. Ed Nelson

Artist Table Complete

I finally finished the drawer units for the Artist's table I started a while back. This shouldn't have taken nearly as long as it did! Here is a picture of the complete set up. The corner work table and the two drawer units. And here's a pic of one of the drawer units.
  19. Ed Nelson

1st Cigar

Finally got around to turning a cigar! I really like the kit. The wood is cherry burl that was given to me a couple months ago and is finished with lacquer. Let me know what you think!
  20. Ed Nelson

TV Stand

I am building a simple stand for a flat panel TV for some clients and I need a little advice. This unit is being designed to fit into an existing shelf unit that was built to surround a large projection TV. I am using black melamine, primarily because they want this quick and black. The unit...