Search results

1. A

Cedar bird houses

Eh a little comedy on the board won't hurt anyone I'm still waiting on 70 degree weather to melt down plastic in my oven so I can open up all the windows No projects on the horizon My wife wants a design wall for her quilting 2 foam insulation boards hung up with felt covering and a frame An...
  2. A

Cedar bird houses

A family member said it looks like a blow up doll Maybe I should toss it into fire pit
  3. A

Cedar bird houses

Failure I won't throw it in burn pile as I'm sure someone will take it from me Elen says it's too scary for the birds So I'm calling it scary barbie Nothing is glued Hair isn't set Need a pink barrette for hair And I have eyelashes to out on once I glue and pin it all together I'm a bit...
  4. A

I hate meeses to pieces....

I won't tell my wife Washington state is it ? Has snakes or it will be off the list Not sure how she is going to deal with going out to Yellowstone and grand Teton park this summer Last time we were in Cherokee nc an elk just walked near the road and had to be 300 yards from us but she made...
  5. A

Goat Weed-Eaters

oh, well, my new buddy jon, took me on a tour of his cows, and his pigs. we didnt eat any of them. jons the only guy I knew of that owned a farm with livestock. my grandparents owned the last land in NYC designated as farm land, but a wild pack of dogs roaming the fields attacked a few kids...
  6. A

Goat Weed-Eaters

man o man, what a different way of life you guys live. the closest I came to know any of my friends with livestock, was when my buddy down the block got a lamb for I believe easter years ago. Its against village code here to have any livestock on property, but noone complained. Im not sure the...
  7. A

I hate meeses to pieces....

i grew up in howard beach ny. we lived on the last street across from the weeds. we had a golden retriever. never knew what he wouild be playing with when we let him out back. sometimes, hed have a dead rabbit, a load of field mice, hed leave them just alive enough that they would try to get...
  8. A

Cedar bird houses

instead of purchasing a protector, as all it seems to be is a hole 1.5 inches wide, why not just cut the hole 1.5 inches? I dont sell anything, and I like to not spend money especially when I make so many things....Im guessing people who purchased oversized holes on birdhouses this is an easy fix.
  9. A

Cedar bird houses

I ran out of cedar so used pressure treated for sides outdoor plywood for backs and pressure treated for sidewalls Last 2 and I'm done with these That's a total of 8 birdhouses and 8 bird feeders I have 2 bird feeders I haven't let go of yet in case my nieces or nephews want one I'm not up to...
  10. A

Good Morning Friday 22nd

I waited 69 years so far to have a princess to spoil rotten, a granddaughter is nothing like a daughter, you know, so Ill do my best until Im not here anymore.
  11. A

Good Morning Friday 22nd

She loves her grandpa
  12. A

Good Morning Friday 22nd

Celebrated my granddaughters first birthday at an indoor playground party place today I'm the fat ugly old man in the black shirt Just in case there's any confusion Kids ranged in age from 1 to 7 Kids play rough no injuries but some tears were shed
  13. A

Mini Daisy Stock

for me, its the best stuff when I can make something for a family member that they use or enjoy. good job grandpa, I still have the chipmunk single shot short 22 rifle I taught my son on when he was six....my daughter is against me teaching my grandson in a few years. she doesnt like guns. I...
  14. A

Cedar bird houses

1 and 7/8th Just came out to start the day 2 are ready to go I'm just waiting on brackets I ordered to make hanging simple and quick I sent out some pics and already got several requests for purchase and I think I might be swayed this one time to make them for purchase But I don't know what...
  15. A

Cedar bird houses

I looked at a chart and decided it didnt look right. I believe I went with 1.5 inch, or 1 and 5/8 th....I could look at the bit tomorrow. how can a bird fit in a 5/8th hole....that seems reallly tiny.my pen is half inch round, cant imagine any bird fitting in a hole that size just thought more...
  16. A

Cedar bird houses

A coat of sikkens or proluxe as it's called now
  17. A

My Wife is Heartbroken

but youre lucky, a downed tree sounds like an easy fix, just plant a new one. my wife rolls over in bed every morning and sees me and is heartbroken. 45 years of marriage, no more suprises.
  18. A

My Wife is Heartbroken

just trying to help brother, you mentioned you wanted to make something out of the downed tree, I figured a birdhouse because how many pens do you need. theres a guy out on the east end of long island, dont know where the video is, anyway, you can have any tree cut down on your property, he...
  19. A

Cedar bird houses

Fun and easy to make I have to make 2 more but lack the cedar and not in the mood to deal with st Patrick's day traffic on Long Island today or tomorrow
  20. A

Cedar bird houses

When you're locked up for a month or so with covid and it's nasty after effects one must stay busy Built these cedar birdhouses from a picture I made an extra part of each part so I can just trace and cut for more Definitely not fine woodworking but fun to make I still have alot of outdoor...