Search results

1. Jiggs Elphison

Potatoes

Well, A Girl Potato and Boy Potato had eyes for each other, and finally they got married, and had a little sweet potato, which they called 'Yam'. Of course, they wanted the best for Yam. When it was time, they told her about the facts of life. They warned her about going out and getting...
  2. Jiggs Elphison

I've been robbed! A warning to all senior men

Women often receive warnings about protecting themselves at the mall and in dark parking lots, etc. This is the first warning I have seen for men. I wanted to pass it on in case you haven't heard about it. A 'heads up' for those men who may be regular customers at Lowe's, Home Depot, Costco...
  3. Jiggs Elphison

Thanks for the memories

I want to extend my heartfelt thanks for all the personal tips, encouragements and kudos I've received plus the enjoyment I've had in reading the posts over the last few years. This will be my last post, I'm leaving the Forum, I'm going to give up my woodworking. I made a post sometime time...
  4. Jiggs Elphison

couple more last minute ideas

Router bit cabinet made from Beetle Kill Bluepine - bread serving tray walnut and quartersawn sycamore
  5. Jiggs Elphison

Thank you Vaughn

Serving tray made for my son - walnut - maple and bloodwood - your instructions are great
  6. Jiggs Elphison

The real difference between 110 and 220 current

I think its time to explain about 220 current and why it is so different from 110 volt service. First of all, it's twice as big. Secondly, it'll shock you more. Outside of that, 220 are really two 110 volt lines coming to your house from different parts of the globe. The up and down 110 comes...
  7. Jiggs Elphison

A Belated Christmas Story

WOODWORKER'S NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS Twas the night before Christmas and all through the shop, Not a worker was stirring, all projects were stopped. The chisels were left by the whetstone with care, In hopes that the elves would come sharpen them there. The tools were all nestled and snug...
  8. Jiggs Elphison

Happy Holidays and many thanks

I just want to extend Seasons Greetings to all and to thanks those that have read my posts and the kind kudos and comments extended to me this past year. I really do appreciate the comments, you make me feel as though I'm part of the "Family". God Bless you all (sure hope that's politically...
  9. Jiggs Elphison

Last minute xmas gift

I found some refrigerator magnets and got an idea how to use up some scrap wood and clock inserts. I used a 1" forstner bit to install a washer to give the magnet something to stick to. The detail on the heads is amazing, they are made from a resin product, and actually signed and dated by the...
  10. Jiggs Elphison

Customer Service ????

To start I'm ashamed I have to admit my stupidity of leaving my billfold in my car. I have a habit of removing my billfold when I'm driving. Anyway my wife and I was helping decorate the church for the holidays. We were in the church for about 3 hours, when we returned I realized that I failed...
  11. Jiggs Elphison

A question for all the BLO guru's

I want to finish some bread serving trays with BLO, only because I've never used it and want to give it a try. However, not ever using it I looked on the internet for instructions and found several pages stating that I should cut the BLO with 50% alcohol or mineral spirits. Some also state that...
  12. Jiggs Elphison

Hunters Paradise

I was driving from Butte to Helena MT the other day, and about 30 miles north of my house and I was lucky enough to catch these pictures of a group of Elk crossing the highway. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
  13. Jiggs Elphison

God Bless Them

I SURE HOPE THIS IS NOT IN VIOLATION OF THE POSTING RULES Back in September, on the first day of school, Martha Cothren, a social studies school teacher at Joe T. Robinson High School, in Little Rock, Arkansas, did something not to be forgotten. On the first day of school, with the...
  14. Jiggs Elphison

Yellow Heart

I've been given a beautiful piece of yellow heart, approx 3/4x10 x48. Thought I might make some cutting boards, but what other species would complement it. i don't want to have just one color or do i ?
  15. Jiggs Elphison

Smile

A lady about 8 months pregnant got on a bus. She noticed the man opposite her was smiling at her. She immediately moved to another seat. This time the smile turned into a grin, so she moved again. The man seemed more amused. When on the fourth move, the man burst out laughing,She...
  16. Jiggs Elphison

Patience and staying "cool" PAYS!

In December 2007 we purchased a Frigidaire refrigerator, with a one year warranty. We kept in storage until April of 2008 while we were remolding the kitchen. Today the control panel, which operates the water and ice dispensing paddles went out and the replacement cost is $250.00 plus $85.00...
  17. Jiggs Elphison

A christmas letter from 1990

We live at 6000 feet elevation. Last night we dropped to 30 degrees and the snow level was 6200 feet. Coincidentally we were going through some papers and files to discard, and ran across this Christmas letter we sent out in 1990. I wrote this and someone sent it to some publication and it was...
  18. Jiggs Elphison

I need help

I want to build a miter saw stand with fold down arms. I'm sure everyone has seen different plans, there are several available. Anyway, every one I've seen calls for 3/4 Baltic Birch, I know what the difference between Baltic Birch and regular plywood is, and agree and appreciate that Baltic...
  19. Jiggs Elphison

And then there was 4

Remember not long ago I posted a 3 bottle holder - well here's a 4 bottle - not very practical, only for display
  20. Jiggs Elphison

A Trash Can Holder

My neighbor wanted me to build a Trash Can Container - thought maybe this would brighten up the alley a little.