Search results

1. Tony Baideme

Need a router base

Hi people. I have not been active much because of health. Hoping it gets better, or, ends soon. Anyway, to the subject of this post. I am in need of a regular base for an old 1984 I believe, Bosch model 1905 router. If any of you good people happen to have the base in question, from a bad...
  2. Tony Baideme

TV, Any one have a Samsung 46" smart tv?

Any one have a Samsung 46" smart tv? What do you think of it? Wife is thinking of greeting one for us for Christmas. How is the sound? I have read much about several of these flat panel tv's and most say they would need supplemental sound systems. Please give me the inside info. Or is...
  3. Tony Baideme

Square Bowls...... The Video

Good video Stu. I made one of those a few years ago, and gave it to my dearly departed Sister, She loved it. I'll try to post a picture of it, for your perusal. Please let me know what you think. I have to try making another. Aloha, And thanks, for another fine video.
  4. Tony Baideme

#51 spokeshave

Hey there Roger. Nice looking spoke shave you got. I have one too, but not a pretty as yours. They can be a handy little tool. I actually have 3 shaves, the #51, a #52 and a #63. The 63 has a convex curved sole for doing inside radii. The thing I have noted is the differences between the #51 and...
  5. Tony Baideme

MDF smooth and rough sides?

Hi friends. I am working on a project and have used some 1 inch MDF for some parts of it. One side of this material is really smooth, but the opposite side is fairly smooth, but when sanded seems to "feather" and the surface will not come real smooth. Did I make a mistake in using this stuff...
  6. Tony Baideme

Silicone bottle stoppers

Hi gang, Some time ago I purchased some silicone bottle stoppers from Woodcraft so I could turn some stoppers for friends. Well, time went on and life got in the way and those never got made. Now, I am looking to find out how you people fasten the silicone to the turned part (assuming it would...
  7. Tony Baideme

Anyone used Rustoleum Restore for decks?

Hi all. I am wondering if anyone has used this product for refinishing your wood deck? My daughter and son-in-law are doing theirs and have bought Restore to coat the deck after pressure washing it with a cleaner. I have read some reviews of the product and found adhesion and peeling to be a...
  8. Tony Baideme

A little something for Vaughn

Hey Mr. McMillan, I appreciate your talent on the guitar so it would give me great pleasure for you to check out the linked video. It's a group out of Georgia, and my Great nephew, (I think I got that right) Michael Baideme is on lead guitar. I hope you enjoy his work. Aloha and much...
  9. Tony Baideme

protecting/finishing teak wood.

Hello Family. I have a small project that I need advice on. I acquired a very nice Janus patio umbrella and the frame is made of teak. There does not appear to be any finish on it and I would like to smooth the wood down a bit and apply a protective finish on it. It can't be oil because the...
  10. Tony Baideme

Being Great-Grandpa May Not Be Too Bad!

I agree on the hair Tom. Here is the youngest, my grandson. He just made 100 days on Jan 30, Chinese New Year. The kids live and work in Japan, not too far from Stu. Here are the 2 Great grandchildren. He is 10, and she will be 2 next month. They live in Maryland.
  11. Tony Baideme

Vacuum bag material thickness?

Aloha peoples. I am thinking of making a vacuum bag for some laminating I want to do. I will probably just use sheet polyethelene material, but don't want to go too thick or too thin. Your choices? It will probably be about 4' x 7' max. Mahalo to all.
  12. Tony Baideme

Some lighter news to share.

Just wanted to share the news that MY family is now larger by one person today. As of about 1:00 am Hawaii time, my stepson and his wife were blessed with the arrival in Tokyo of their baby boy. Everyone is doing well and my dear wife and I could not be happier. Pictures will be forth coming as...
  13. Tony Baideme

Incra 1000 HD miter

Hi friends, I have some fairly critical miters to cut so I finally gathered my funds and ordered one of the Incra 1000 HD miters. Went through Amazon and the price was $30 less than Rockler, and free shipping. Now I can't wait to get my hands on it. (The anticipation) I will let you know...
  14. Tony Baideme

Planer feed rollers

I was going to highjack my own thread, but on the same machine. That didn't work well so here is my newest thread. What do others do to keep the feed rollers gripping the wood and feeding smoothly and continuously? At times, mine literally stops and I have to pull the material along from the...
  15. Tony Baideme

planer guide rod lubrication?

Hi Guys. I have a little Delta 12" lunchbox planer, and I have had to constantly clean rust off and wax the four upright guide rods on the planer. Question is, "What do you folks use to keep these guides clean and lubed?" And, "How often?" Note: we get plenty salt air here and even the...
  16. Tony Baideme

bench vise problem?

Hi Lary, maybe I can help, maybe not. I have an old Craftsman vise (shown in the attachment). It works as yours should but I am guessing you have a problem with the fit of that casting with the brass thread insert. As you can see in the photo, mine has a two piece quick release that engauges...
  17. Tony Baideme

Greetings

To all my family here at FWW, MELE KALIKIMAKA. Enjoy your holiday. Aloha, Tony
  18. Tony Baideme

Nevada declares emergency over out-of-control wildfire

Brent & Sharon, That fire area anywhere near you folks? :huh: Stay safe. :thumb: Aloha, Tony
  19. Tony Baideme

Vise Discussion

Cynthia, my only woodworking vise is an old Craftsman quick release with the number 391.5195 cast on the front. It's about 10" wide and opens to about 12" (but about 10.5" if I have the 3/4" wood jaws installed.) I paid about $90 for it with shipping from the mainland USA. I think I have...
  20. Tony Baideme

Happy Birthday Tony Falotico

Have a great day my friend. :b-day::b-day_cake: ( You young whippersnapper) Aloha, Tony