Search results

1. Dave Sweeney

Resaw blades for a 14" bandsaw.

Some will say that you can't properly tension a 3/4" blade on a 14" bandsaw and some will say that you can. I don't do a whole lot of resawing but when I do I use a 1/2" blade on my 14" bandsaw. Like you, I've found that the 1/2" blade works pretty well.
  2. Dave Sweeney

AliExpress

Maybe require them to provide you with photographic proof that the package was delivered. Also in your reply, inform them that you will not release any payment until they provide you with that proof. Probably won't do you any good except you'll at least get some satisfaction that you might...
  3. Dave Sweeney

So you say No Cash

A cashless society only accomplishes one thing, it just makes banks and credit unions richer and robs the consumer of buying power.
  4. Dave Sweeney

Rattle Can Shaker

Clever
  5. Dave Sweeney

So are you all enjoying the time change....

If you think about it, when DST started back when it is also about the time that people started whining and complaining about everything and anything in this country. DST ruined America! Then again, I've kind of been grumpy all day today so I probably just made that up.
  6. Dave Sweeney

Cataracts Removal

I had both eyes done last year, WOW what a difference it made. I'm sure you will be very happy with your results. EDIT: You might want to get yourself some quality sunglasses if you don't already own some. After I had my surgery I noticed that outside light seemed/is much brighter now. On...
  7. Dave Sweeney

Happy Birthday scott spencer!

Happy Birthday Scott
  8. Dave Sweeney

Meat Slicer ?

I've been very happy with my KWS 320W, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014DMSEC6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . It's is very powerful and can even handle frozen meats but I prefer to let the meat thaw. It works perfectly for every job I've thrown at it and especially...
  9. Dave Sweeney

RIP Loretta

She passed away on the same day as Janis Joplin did back in 1970. They represented two very different styles of music and both were icons in their fields.
  10. Dave Sweeney

Computer Printer

Not sure if this will be an apples to apples comparison to what your HP offered but I've been very happy with the Brother MFC-J805DW.
  11. Dave Sweeney

Happy Birthday Dave Sweeney!

Wow, thank you all for the Birthday wishes. I really appreciated them.
  12. Dave Sweeney

another Clamp

If you take that plunge and order some, check out Amazons price, https://www.amazon.com/s?k=carson+clamps+for+woodworking&crid=21MLY0DOV828E&sprefix=carson+clamp,aps,226&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_3_12 Edit: I see that the ones at Amazon aren't the Carson brand so there might be a big difference in...
  13. Dave Sweeney

Audrey last Saturday. (GRAPHIC WARNING TO NON-HUNTERS)

Congratulations on your successful hunt Audrey.
  14. Dave Sweeney

April Wilkerson

Good for her, she is living the American dream! She must be very intelligent and a very hard worker to have come as far as she has in such a short period of time.
  15. Dave Sweeney

BBQ Handle Gets Too Hot

The handle on my Weber gas grill, like Vaughn's, gets warm but never hot enough that I have an issue with it. My Weber charcoal grill on the other hand get hot enough to burn your skin off. For the charcoal grill I just wear a glove similar to these...
  16. Dave Sweeney

My Wife is in the Hospital your thought and prayers would be appreciated.

Prayers and hopes for a speedy recovery are heading her way.
  17. Dave Sweeney

Reliable Electric Meat Slicer

I'm in the market for a reliable electric frozen meat slicer and I'm looking for some suggestions on which ones might be worth considering. I primarily want this for slicing meat for making jerky. Presently I own a manual slicer that works but is showing its age and frankly isn't as user...
  18. Dave Sweeney

National Ice Cream Day!!!

Why both of course.
  19. Dave Sweeney

National Ice Cream Day!!!

Every day is ice cream day.
  20. Dave Sweeney

The $40 disc sander...

Menards will gladly ship one to you, https://www.menards.com/main/tools/power-tools/sanders/performax-reg-1-1-amp-corded-5-bench-top-disc-sander/jd2504/p-1489990860962-c-10088.htm