Search results

1. KaLea Thoits

Here we go again buy or build? Pics added 4/12/13

Before... ...during ... to be continued
  2. KaLea Thoits

Hey Larry

I think he is probably referring to the fact that the something that has been filling that space for quite some time is now covering a new flat space...
  3. KaLea Thoits

So much for scraping shutters....

I think that is what I was supposed to do today.... the boss is probably gonna be mad at me. It would seem though that my computer sucked me in and I never did make it out there to the shop, well, except to turn the stove down as instructed. I did however manage to get pages and paypal buttons...
  4. KaLea Thoits

Dragon house

Here are some better pics... you can click them for the bigger version Cage Doors Open What is that thing? I'm watching you! I'm a dragon ya know... I can eat you! Got any crickets? What do you mean it's too late to eat? But it's hard to maintain this beauty!
  5. KaLea Thoits

better late than never

So I've been around a while and haven't gotten around to posting any pics of my "shop". Although it isn't what you all are used to in terms of shop tours.... I'm gonna post anyways because its where I spend a good deal of crafty time.... even if not wood crafting (besides you've already seen...
  6. KaLea Thoits

Hah! Take that stinkin camera!

It thought it could outsmart me.... I spent all day yesterday taking photos so I could update my website with loads of new goodies that we have made but I haven't gotten around to cataloging. Opened up Gimp to start editing to find all my pictures were icky yellow and using the auto white...
  7. KaLea Thoits

Success!

Since this is both flat and spinny I figured I'd put it here.... I'm proud to say that on this very fine Monday I have successfully made half a pen (blew up the other half) and turned I 3 prong hair fork into a 2 prong hairfork! *bowing* Thank you... thank you very much Someday I may learn that...
  8. KaLea Thoits

Anyone in or close enough to the Hartford CT area

A trek to the Connecticut Renaissance Faire is a great time for a reasonable price and well worth the trip. Chuck and I (sometimes family in tow) pack up most of the stuff that we make to go down there and play... I mean WORK and sell stuff. If any of you are so inclined, visit the faire and...
  9. KaLea Thoits

Crafter's Choice Swap (closed)

Ok ladies and gents... the next swap to grab your attention is "Crafter's Choice", which means you can make what ever you want so long as you follow.... The rules: 1. project must be made (primarily) of wood (pen/lamp/clock/jewelry/etc parts are fine) 2. project must be handcrafted by you...
  10. KaLea Thoits

New Swap (closed)

Alrighty everyone, I thought it would be a good idea to do a swap that can include as many members as possible. I was inspired in part by those of us who have grand ideas but sometimes hard difficulty getting around to it... and in part by all of the great things I have seen posted by the many...
  11. KaLea Thoits

Best Use of Scrap Wood - Voting

There were 5 total entries in this round of the "Best Use of Scrap Contest". Please vote for which one you feel best fits the theme. Tied for second place Entry 1 - Made by Allen Levine Tied for third place Entry 2 - Made by Ron Roase Tied for third place Entry 3 - Made by Steve Bellinger...
  12. KaLea Thoits

New Contest: Best Use of Scrap Wood (closed)

Best use of your scraps: Scrounge through your scrap pile and come up with an idea from the materials you have available.... only scraps may be used (other than fasteners). Take a picture of your pile of materials (the scrap you have chosen to use) begin the construction and take another photo...
  13. KaLea Thoits

Swaps

So I am pretty new to this woodworking thing ;) and have jumped right in with both feet. So far I have been part of two swap type events; the snowman contest and the box swap. I have had a lot of fun with it and it's really got me thinking. Chuck and I were talking about this last evening and I...
  14. KaLea Thoits

Some things I have come to realize...

So out in the shop this evening I realized some things... Keep in mind that I am pretty new to woodworking and have probably less than 20 or so projects under my belt, but I do generally know right away if I like something or not, so here goes... I like Chuck's Makita Chop saw that I use on the...
  15. KaLea Thoits

My Husband Keeps Nagging Me...

to come here and do an introduction so Hi :wave: I'm KaLea from NH and Chuck is my husband. I'm mostly a jewelry designer but I like to play around in his wood shop sometimes as well. I have actually managed to find a decent way of integrating wood into what I like to do, mostly in the form...