Search results

1. Dave Hawksford

Morning everyone.

Morning ! I don't know if you all are as beat up as I feel. Rigorous weekend in the Turkey woods. 1 bird for me two for my old hunting parter of 60 years. Instead of the weekend being a time to rest I'm back to work and finding it as a time to rest to support my weekends in the woods...
  2. Dave Hawksford

Another Doozy.....

Started cleaning this later 1600 painting. Heat damage and lot's of Garnet shellac. Cleaned the center area to about 80 % and move to the right upper corner. This customer has me doing some period damage furniture that I'll post when I get to each one.
  3. Dave Hawksford

Friday 4/19/24 GOOD MORNING FWC

Been a busy week with another wave of some awesome antiques coming into the shop. More of the art type restoration on them. Saturday&Sunday morning Back in the turkey for either my 3rd in Va or 2nd in MD. Jarrod is off for a Batchelors party in NC. Shelly and I are still waiting on the new...
  4. Dave Hawksford

Friday 4/12/24

Good morning from the shop. Rain day. But very busy weekend. Turkey hunt tomorrow in Va. then Sunday taking my granddaughter Turkey hunting for her 1st time. I'm so looking forward to this.
  5. Dave Hawksford

Friday 4/5/24

Farm work this weekend. Body is feeling the tiredness of my adventure finally. Lot of shop work to catch up on also.
  6. Dave Hawksford

Florida Hunt , What a Story

My friend Gro and I hunted the Green Swamp again. My friend Mike set me up about 150 yards in the swamp . It's about 10:30 and nothing gobbling so I decided to head back to the truck. Took a wrong turn walking out and one thing lead to another. I'M LOST ! walking for hours, Trip and fell from...
  7. Dave Hawksford

Good Morning Friday 22nd

Been a great week. Preparing for Florida trip on Tueday this weekend. Be in the shop with customers dropping off and picking up.
  8. Dave Hawksford

Sunday project in the shop

Repair tear, clean then touch ups
  9. Dave Hawksford

Friday 03/15/2024 is in the books

It's been a good week. Accept for being sick. Shelly An I did go see little shop of horrors last night at Ford's theater with Jared and Leta. I'm hoping to get to the farm sometime this weekend to till about 1/acre. Besides that. Nothing planned.
  10. Dave Hawksford

I know I've said this before

I can not tolerate CATs! I spent last Saturday night at my son Jon's who has cats. I am just now getting over a lung infection. I don't hate cats just can't deal with the dander. It's as bad as wood dust for me.
  11. Dave Hawksford

Friday 3.8.24

Great weekend lined up. Taking my granddaughter to BPS to get her a camo out fit. Then onto Maryland bow hunters banquet to meet up with Jarrod his wife to be and Jon, Skylark dad for a fun day of great food and Auctions. We are back in the house with boxes and more boxes. It will be at least...
  12. Dave Hawksford

Tink you all might like this little video

https://photos.app.goo.gl/E1c51rshnuqDn2BYA
  13. Dave Hawksford

Friday March 1st 2024

Moving weekend for me and Shelly. 14 months out of the house I am ready.
  14. Dave Hawksford

Lungs are clear

Friend and I have been drinking Mullein tea we also made a tincture. I've had serous lung infections from wood dust. At the emergency room they thought I was having a heart attack about 4 years ago the doctor told me about the lung infections. I couldn't breathe. Now after 8 months drinking...
  15. Dave Hawksford

02/23/24 Friday

This will be the last weekend at Jarrods house. 13 months. Shelly and I move back in next weekend. Very busy day. Finishing the 2 paintings Hoping to take a drive to VA and drop off barrels. And do some mushroom foraging.
  16. Dave Hawksford

Painting restoration

Little conservation job. I cleaned This painting 15 years ago. It was damaged in a fall recently I've done the repairs and the in painting now on to the touch-ups. After the touch ups I need to relying the edges So it can be attached back to the frame properly.
  17. Dave Hawksford

BG 1st attempt

BGs gaining confidence. Think the wing is be best it can be. BG doesn't seem to have any more pain. Think BG is around 4 months. She or he let's me file the two of the hook beak and becoming responsive to my voice. She can walk by the dogs with no fear and dh follows me when I call.
  18. Dave Hawksford

Hump Day and rain

Although the weather is only 5% rain and 36 deg's this morning. I walked out and slight rain. Only had the bike and it made for a leisurely ride into the shop. Hope you all have a great day a safe day. Watch your 6
  19. Dave Hawksford

Cicada's are coming this year

to an area near you. When is your turn on the map. It's a bit confusing with the 221 year cycle .
  20. Dave Hawksford

Friday, January 26th 2024.

Last friday of the month, which went very fast. Today is going to be almost seventy degrees here and at the DMV. TON of work in the shop. Working weekend again. I want to get out for a bike ride. But with all the salt on the road doesn't look too good.