Search results

1. Garry Foster

Books For Sale

Since we moved and downsized I don't really have room for these books. So I would like to move them on to someone else that could enjoy them.. Battery dying will finish post later Garry
  2. Garry Foster

My ultra slow move to Ohio.

Well as I have said before we are in the process of moving to Ohio and actually closed on a house there in January. I decided to wait till spring and then start. I had no idea how tough this would be. We have taken about 7 pickup and trailer loads over and last week a 26 foot truck plus pickup...
  3. Garry Foster

Worn cabinet doors under the handles

I have some cabinet doors that are really worn under the pulls. So woren stain won't help much. They are fake cherry with pretty nice hardware. Has anyone ever made a plate to put under something like this. Just trying to put a Sunday shirt on this old house to sell. The two most used doors...
  4. Garry Foster

For Sale area

Has there been any thought of creating a for sale area fro members. Or am I just not finding it today?
  5. Garry Foster

How old school is Fire Spotting? Interesting Video of Saddleback lookout in Ca.

Where Tony lives 10 days at a time great morning view. Inereesting after all the talk of Ca. Fires..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYfo4WEepK4 Garry
  6. Garry Foster

Adirondack Chair ? Not real sure it qualifies but really a neat project..

Is it or not? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEYwmSk0ZAg
  7. Garry Foster

Foley Saw filer for sale.

I have a Folley auto saw filer I bought several years ago when things were looking dismal at work. Determined to never go to work for anyone other than myself of the job did fall through I bought several various pieces as insurance. One of these was an old but I don't think Foley auto saw filer...
  8. Garry Foster

Good use for old Magizines..

Here is a pile of Magazines on it's way to Jon's students. I hope they enjoy them as much as I have over the years... Garry
  9. Garry Foster

So has anyone moved on to Mach 4?

As the title asks have any of you tried Mach 4. It has been slow coming along but seems to be getting there. Since Art sold ArtSoft mach 3 seems to be unsupported more and more. I bought a copy when first released along with the PP driver but haven't done anything with it other than get it...
  10. Garry Foster

Good News...

Ned is back and working hard to satisfy his backers.... I won't re-post the emai I got as I haven't asked for permission but lets just say it seems Ned, Family and what must be a very good friend are trying to make things right. Best wishes to him and those helping him out! Garry
  11. Garry Foster

Wanted some Boxelder pen blanks.

We I have a need for about 10 Box Elder wood pen blanks. They don't need to be real fancy ones but long enough for slimlines. I need to make 10 or so for gifts. I the latest pen blank swap I was involved in there was at least one as I have it. I think it came from Paul... I also need a few...
  12. Garry Foster

Edit Thread subject/Title.

A question for those in the know. How do you edit the thread title in a thread you started. Like to add Completed or something. Like Glen just did.. Thanks
  13. Garry Foster

Welding or not? Now add some wood...

Well we here talking about welders on Leo's thread. As I said my little mig was to small for the job I am on. SO I tacked this up with the MIG. (And I tacked up way to much area.) So I ended up trying to weld over to much dirty flux core mig. The welder is Lincoln AC buzz box they still sell. I...
  14. Garry Foster

My Shapeoko 2 current state

My 2nd CNC I think I posted a little on this sometime ago, but thought with all the new CNC info being posted I'd do a little up date. And it will be a little one as I haven't really cut much on it. I did some drawing and Name printing on some stomp rockets for my grandson and some of the...
  15. Garry Foster

Cabin Fever Expo York, Pa April 10-12

Anyone here going to this event next month. More based on Metalworking but quite a bit of model and woodworking as well as old tools and great talent of all kinds. http://www.cabinfeverexpo.com/ It is the only show I get to regularly and I have only missed one since the start.. Garry
  16. Garry Foster

I must be ready for spring..

Well the Treager guys were back at the local Costco today and even though it was around 10 F outside I bought a Treager Jr pellet grill. Hadn't done any research but my poor quality propane grill wore me out last season and I hope this is faster for a couple of burgers than the Webber. $299...
  17. Garry Foster

My little cnc toy a Shapeoko 2

Well I mentioned a while back That I had ordered a Shapeoko 2 kit. It has came and I have it more or less together. They have a file that is their version of the infamous "Hello World" that all programming courses used to start with. In this case it runs it's own name in Gcode. Put up a short...
  18. Garry Foster

Scroll Saw Blades

So the new Dewalt 788 showed up today. Un packed and on the bench but doesn't come with a single blade. I can probablly find a few locally and my son is bringing some back I gave him when I gave him the griz... So the question is Any place where I can buy a good assortment of blades to get...
  19. Garry Foster

Got to love these guys. American flag waving....and not for those in power

These guys have paid the price and deserve better. But maybe they show how we should take back what is ours.. Mods I know I am on thin ice and if it cracks or breaks so be it...
  20. Garry Foster

pivoting top stand/cabinent for holding bench top tool..

Well I know I have seen posts where some of you made a stand where the top pivoted so you could hold a grinder on one face and then pull a pin and rotate to another face with another tool. My primitive searches of the Forum have failed to turn up any of these. Can anyone out there point me to...