Search results

1. Robert Horky

Grandkids time

They want to learn and asked I would help them. So, here is what we made. I did the table saw, router and bandsaw work while they watched. They did the sanding and painting. We all watched the CNC cut the letters. Before we started anything, I asked them to draw me a picture of what they...
  2. Robert Horky

Ready for the Wedding

Put this together for the upcoming event. Yes, there is a last name on the real, untouched one. Not shown here for obvious reasons. Thanks for looking ....
  3. Robert Horky

Penny Hockey

In today's times of electronics and online games, I was not sure just how well these would be rec'd. To my surprise, the kids/grandkids really seem to like them. I have made and given away several and all have been reported as being played often. In fact, I just had a rather long tournament...
  4. Robert Horky

Christmas in July; 17 done, ??? to go

These will be delivered in early July. How many more to go .... the list keeps growing ... LOML controls the list, I just do the work. You know the feeling .... Wood is cherry. Tools ... Jointer, planer, table saw, CNC, sanders. Finish ... acrylic paint, natural danish oil. Thanks for...
  5. Robert Horky

Fast Track Game

Made two of these for our upcoming family reunion .. for the corn hole/bean bag tournament winning team. Materials: pine, hardboard drawer slides, biscuits, Tools used: CNC for board top, table saw, biscuit jointer, sanders Finish: acrylic paints, shellac, wax Thanks for looking ...
  6. Robert Horky

Chess/Checker board with pieces/storage drawer

For the Grandkids as they are starting to learn these games.... Materials: Jatoba, White Oak, velvet liner, 1/4 ply Chess pieces cut on scroll saw. Checkers on CNC Finish: Satin poly, wax Thanks for looking ...
  7. Robert Horky

Sliding Crosscut Table - DIY version

I came across this and found it quite interesting/thought provoking. Have a look and share your thoughts.
  8. Robert Horky

Two Down, none to go

Second side cabinet for the family room is complete. Same materials, construction methods and finishes. Just a little longer. Material: white oak, solid and ply. Construction: pocket holes, loose tenons, dadoes Thanks for looking.
  9. Robert Horky

One down, one to go ...

Side wall cabinet for the family room. To go along with the entertainment unit built before. White oak, white oak ply, loose tennons, pocket holes, biscuits, GF stain and topcoat. One more coming
  10. Robert Horky

Favorite Websites & Videos

I know someone compiled a list but I cannot find it. Need some help. Thanks.
  11. Robert Horky

Santa Sleigh ... just a little late

Intarsia project inspired by Judy Gale Roberts, followed her pattern.
  12. Robert Horky

L-Fence for the table saw ..

better than the sacrificial fence ... many uses for this coming up
  13. Robert Horky

Thanksgiving is just around the corner ...

I am ready .... Can sit on the easel or be hung on the wall. Details: white oak, natural danish oil, lamp black acrylic paint
  14. Robert Horky

Happy Halloween candy dish/wall sign

A little CNC time. White oak sign, 1/3 ply dish/holder. Sign can sit in the candy holder or be removed and hung on a wall. The real question is .... when the family sees this, how many more will I have to make? Thanks for looking.
  15. Robert Horky

Entertainment Cabinet

Finally completed ...
  16. Robert Horky

The Holiday Season is approaching ...

... and the gift work has commenced. Lots of hours on the CNC. Wood: white oak Paint: acrylic, hand painted Finish: Danish Oil, natural Thanks for looking and here is to your great holiday season
  17. Robert Horky

And the winner takes this home

I posted this earlier when the family reunion corn hole tournament prize had only one game in the box … Quarto. I then came across the game Gobblet. Looked interesting enough so I added to the tournament winner boxes. It was tough getting all the dowel rods/holes sized just right to allow for...
  18. Robert Horky

Lending Library

Helped a neighbor build these ... one for his grand kids and one for his house. I can see the one at his house and it gets a fair amount of traffic so reading books is not a lost art. Had fun pulling them together.
  19. Robert Horky

The WinnerTakes This Home

that time again.. reunion and bean bag/corn hole tournament .. and the winners will get these .. if they win the Quarto game …. always a fun time and have been doing this for 35+ yrs. A great family. thanks for looking
  20. Robert Horky

Plywood and dados

As we all know, plywood thickness is often quite different than the 'nominal' dimension that it is sold by. This makes it difficult to get good, snug fitting dados. So, every time I go to cut some, I get out my storyboard and find the best fit. If not there, I set up for a new one, cut it...