Search results

1. P

Extra track for Grizzly Track Saw

I have the original Grizzly Track saw kit that came with one 55 1/4" track. The number on the saw itself is T10687. I like the Grizzly and use it often. I would like to buy another track to connect to my original one for cutting longer pieces of wood. Grizzly no longer sells the saw or...
  2. P

Add Railing to Sloped Garden Sidewalk

My neighbor would like me to add a railing and handrail to his sloped concrete backyard sidewalk. He would like the posts attached to the sidewalk. The sidewalk is about 30" wide and has a considerable slope. What post bracket or method would you recommend to attach the sidewalk to make the...
  3. P

Garden Arbor

My sister asked for a garden arbor. She will grow climbing rose bushes on it. It is redwood construction. 2 x 4s for the legs, and 2 x 6 pieces glued together and routed with a giant trammel to create the arch. The 1.5 x 1.5 stakes on the top are recycled from an old deck demolition. I...
  4. P

Easy Potting Bench

My sister asked me to build her a potting bench. She sent me some Ana White plans. This bench will be sitting outside so I made it with redwood and pressure treated 2x4s and fence boards. I varied from the plans by putting in a rear rail in both the top and bottom shelves for strength. I...
  5. P

End Table

A friend asked me to build a matching end table to fit in the corner of her two couches. I got a good deal on some walnut from a Facebook Marketplace seller. It is 30" x 30" x 12.25" tall. The frame is built out of fir. The top is resawn walnut. Our dog approves. ATTACH=CONFIG]106721[/ATTACH]
  6. P

What is this wood species

I've been asked to build a small end table for a friend. She would like it to match her couch, pictured here. I only have the pictures. Any idea on the wood species?
  7. P

Lean-to Shed

I just finished this Lean-to shed. I looked at a lot of them on different media sites and built this one to meet my needs. It's 4' x 10', built on cement piers, and painted to match our house. I used cutoffs from a deck project for the floor and the small porch. I just added the lumber rack...
  8. P

Ashtray from Cutting Board Cutoffs

My son-in-law often gets together with his pals for a "Herf." I learned this is when males bond while smoking their favorite cigars. I made this ashtray for him out of multiple cutting board cutoffs. I finally used some of those odd small pieces of hardwood I refused to throw away. The...
  9. P

Hide A Bed

The kids moved out and my wife reclaimed their rooms. I just finished this horizontal twin bed in the "Road Trip Room." I used a bed hardware kit from Create A Bed. It is finished with faux barn wood and dark stain on the pine trim. The barn wood design was my wife's design.
  10. P

Kitchen Light Cover/Diffuser

A ballast was failing in the T12 fixture in our kitchen. I installed 2 - 4' LED lights in its place and just finished this kitchen light cover/diffuser. It is made out of the same crown molding I recently hung in the kitchen.. I had to stack it with baseboards where it meets the ceiling so...
  11. P

Martial Arts Belt Holder

I made this belt holder for my 9 year old grandson. He attends a martial arts after school program and has been working his way through the belt procession quickly. The wood is reclaimed oak from a friend's pizza restaurant. The karate kicker and "Jacob" were routed in and filled with green...
  12. P

BBQ Cart

Weekend project using only wood and other materials I already had. All materials came from demmoed deck railings and left over fence and yard projects. I cleaned them up a little bit, but nothing too fancy. The handle is PVC pipe with a dowel inside it. Glue, pocket holes and brad...
  13. P

Stacked Crown Molding

Just finished a stacked crown molding project in my living room (16' ceiling) and open hallway (8' ceiling). It's made from stock base molding and 3 5/8" crown molding from Home Depot. I painted the parts first before putting them up and came back to touch up afterward.. Approximately 92'...
  14. P

Flag/Medal Case Combo

I made this for a guy at work who had many Challenge Coins from his time in the Air Force. It is oak with English Oak stain and wipe-on poly. The lexan window panel still has the protective white paper on it's inside edge. I wasn't sure about whether to add the base. My wife was the deciding...
  15. P

Not Mine, But Quite a Project

We were visiting my grandson in Chico, CA and my son-in-law thought I would like this.
  16. P

New Work Bench

I have read a number of work bench builds, knowing I would finally build one to suit my needs. The top is 25 1/2" by 67." The base is 23 1/2" by 53 1/2." It's made out of douglas fir 2x4s (top), 2x6s (stretchers) and 4x6s (legs) from Home Depot. It uses mortise and tenon joinery in the base...
  17. P

Cutting Board - How Do I Do It

My in-laws live in a 1920s bungalow in San Francisco. Mom-in-law has asked me to make her a new cutting board. The existing one is 2' wide, 20" long and 3/4" thick. It slides completely out of a slot in a kitchen cabinet. It looks like 2 - unfinished oak boards with a long grain stile on...
  18. P

Cat Condo

Not exactly a "Showcase" piece, but just finished for my grandson's new kitten. The koi pond and mouse run are on the roof. :D