Search results

1. B

Friday..3Nov23..

For me today is back to therapy, on my shoulder. Then it will be yard work, leaves are raining down. Two weeks from today, I will be in TX, for the winter, YAY. stay safe
  2. B

long time

been quite the adventure...54 years married, today (y)
  3. B

Dewalt 735

my planer has developed a bad case of 'snipe' not good please share your -tips-tricks-solutions TIA
  4. B

bench build

so, the bench is 36"x80"--I have room-- my questions are..how high, and how far from the end is/should the vise be? I was going to do 12" from the end, to the vise jaw, and then the vise will be another 12" Thought's?
  5. B

murphy bed

Looking to build..maybe. Has anyone done this..plans? I have seen some plans, would like to avoid ply, if possible. I would want a king size. Also, most are vertical, but horizontal is an option. Would also like to keep that fellow 'murphy' out of the shop. ;) thanks...bil
  6. B

Friday 14 October

Cold this morning..37..gonna do yard work..lots of leaves enjoy your day BTW, fall colors are gorgeous
  7. B

Brrr..

Went from 80 yesterday, to 42 this morning! :eek: I do hope that this is the 'up & downs' of spring. So, hows your weather?
  8. B

jewelry box

After I finished the box for my grand daughter, started on this for her mom. This one I got done just before our trip to TX. Some details..Soss hinge mortises done w/my new compact router...dados in the sides hold a spline, with a like groove in the drawer runners..drawers flush w/case..hand...
  9. B

Gift for my granddaughter

This box was done in Feb & Mar. Her b-day is late Feb, but I did not get it done in time. Had to be right. Photos of the finished box, taken before shipping to TX. Cherry, as you all know, with a 'Maloof style finish', then waxed. For a 7 yr old's treasures.
  10. B

Maple

OK, I am about done w/the latest box. Combo of walnut and hard maple. Lots of this combo, out there, but the first time I have used any maple. It has some figure, not a lot,so I would like to accent it, without any coloring, or yellowing. What do I use? TIA
  11. B

small black knobs

looking for a knob..black..1/2" dia..same projection..need 2 damn google wants to show about everything but! any tips..sources, or....round or square
  12. B

shop time

My time will be less than what I want. Of to the doc today..seems I have gout.(n) Doc pulled some fluid, for testing, will know next week. I now know what skills a one-legged man has, and I do NOT have those skills. It is in my ankle. Much better this eve, tho. I have a Frankenstein size boot...
  13. B

DW 735x

seems as if I cant get new rollers for my old 22-560...soooo perhaps a new one is in order any deals out there? comments always welcome...whatcha got
  14. B

routers

so, been looking at plunge models..I have a 690, and a 890 PC..both fixed base kinda settled on a trim size..the Makita has been the front runner seems as if there are several 'clones' too..just saw that Grizzly has one, on sale for $77.00 + shipping your opinion's are wanted..a plunge base...
  15. B

Soss hinges

I have been reading about these, for the next box. Anyone use them, pro's & cons, quality, please.
  16. B

22-560 Delta

This planer I bought 10 yrs ago. It does ok, but starting to get snipe. I have been reading up, and have tried set-up, per Delta( tables level), and have raised the tables on the outfeed side. Raised did help some. Last test I got a real small snipe, on the left side, Much more snipe on the...
  17. B

Work bench

I am going to build a bench (laminating 2x material), and want a vise. One of those cast iron jobs, w/quick release. I am looking at 9-10" size, and will put wood jaw liners on. I want your thoughts..brands, etc. Pros and cons too, & any tips you may have. TIA.....bil
  18. B

A long time.....

that is what 51 years is. Yes, 51 yrs ago today, I was flat on my back, trussed up in traction, in a hospital bed. It was to be the day for us to be married.:) Well, to shorten the story, we married anyway. Schoolmates dad was a JP, so he came to hospital, waved his hand around some, and that...
  19. B

New project

Shop time is at a low point..just paint, no paper this time. Wifes bedroom, she wants lavender.
  20. B

Dresser

I will try to post my work..first thing that I have made in 3yrs...life does get in the way at times. This is where it stands as of today.