Search results

1. glenn bradley

Pantry Organizers

I'm sticking this under General Woodworking since it is pretty general in nature. I am taking up the time between big steps of my current project to make LOML happy. Part of a recent remodel is an increased size for the pantry. She wanted some corrals or organizers for the many random things...
  2. glenn bradley

Self Closing Door Hinge with "Stay-Open" Detent?

This is an odd one but, we have so many clever and experienced people here . . . I have a hollow core door on a pantry. I would like a self closing hinge that has a "stay open" detent at 90 degrees or so. I have found hinges that have a "self close" zone that is from 0 - 90 degrees and then...
  3. glenn bradley

Sanding Discs - Accidental Review

I don't do a lot of power sanding. This means I pick up what I read is the "best" abrasive when I happen to see a deal on it. We all have different experiences and certainly someone who does more of this will have a larger data sample than I have. I wanted to share my experience since I...
  4. glenn bradley

Crook Neck Source / Preference

I use a crook (or bent) neck chisel for cleaning up squeeze out along perpendicular joints. I use it sort of like so in a slicing motion (sorry about the blurry photo). That being said, the one I have is 3/8" and I am looking for a wider one. A 1" is probably about right. A shorter one would...
  5. glenn bradley

Goat Weed-Eaters

Dropped a couple of goats off for the neighbors. After the rains, we in the desert basin get to experience how fast desert flora can react to the limited rainfall we get. In a few weeks his yard will be nibbled down to the nub.
  6. glenn bradley

Shop Fox Clamps

Half a dozen of these for $60 and free shipping. I would if I were you. https://www.grizzly.com/products/shop-fox-12-heavy-duty-f-clamp/d2916
  7. glenn bradley

DC Bin Overflow

Many of you know I am lucky enough to be able to exhaust my DC outside. I was out back fooling around and passed by the DC bump-out on the way back to the house. I noticed the tell tale saw dust on the ground. This means only one thing . . . Oops! Back in the day this would...
  8. glenn bradley

Music to Sand By

Sorry, this is a bit flippant but intended to start some fun conversation. This thread will be semi-meaningless if your musical taste does not include northern European metal bands. I have just decided that Tarot is one of my favorite bands to sand to . . . specifically the song Wings of...
  9. glenn bradley

Hockey Wrap for Clamp Handles

I crave your pardon if you actually use this method in a sports situation since I may be murdering it :D. I have had a few folks comment on the tape-wrap for my clamp handles so here you go (many YT videos of professionals doing this better than I do). Tag the tape to the handle and spin the...
  10. glenn bradley

"Dorm Room" Media Cabinet

I am killing a bit of time while building the dressers for the new bedroom suite. The son of a family friend wants a media cabinet to hold his cable box, gaming console and so forth. The location is his bedroom so the scale is small. He called me and asked about making one out of 2x4's so I...
  11. glenn bradley

Big Sled in Use

I have shown this before during other threads. Just to stir up some conversation and hopefully provide some value I am posting it separately. I don't use this beast often but it hangs on pegs near the tablesaw and is handy now and again. When you need to cut larger panels the sled comes off...
  12. glenn bradley

Storage is Where You Find It, Domino Table

I have been looking for somewhere to hang or stash this table ever since I got it. My last few projects have used Blum slides but not the brackets they supply. I realized that by modifying the bracket I could make a hook that would fit the table. As is often the case I suddenly realized...
  13. glenn bradley

Accu-Burr

Lee Valley sent an email about a sale. I use the Beall Tilt Box and they had them for $28. I figured that was cheap insurance in case my years-old one ever goes out. Since I was spending a Christmas gift card I also picked up the Accu-Burr scraper burnisher. I have a few old handles that...
  14. glenn bradley

Bandsaw Dust Collection - Status Report

I have emptied my cyclone bin at least three times since I have changed bandsaw blades. This includes spoil from all the material used for the Linen Cupboard Doors, some in between stuff, and the work so far on the Pair of Dressers project. My bandsaw collection points are like so . . . In...
  15. glenn bradley

Air Guitar

So I'm in the shop minding my own business. A song comes on the stereo. Shortly thereafter I find myself laughing. Nothing makes an old-timer break out the air guitar like Steve Howe on Yes' - South Side of the Sky. What's your involuntary-reflex air-guitar song?
  16. glenn bradley

Musclechuck - First Impressions

As promised here is the initial setup of the Musclechuck quick change router chuck. This is on a Milwaukee 5625 router (Musclechuck Type 10) in a Woodpecker PRL version 1 router lift. The instructions are microscopic in order to fit in the little package. I scanned the 3" x 4" square and blew...
  17. glenn bradley

Muscle Chuck or the Like

I know there is a lot of discussion on this somewhere . . . I am getting older and my hands are complaining. Milwaukee 5626 in a 1st generation Woodpecker PRL lift in a table. With this router or others, what is your experience / advice on a Muscle Chuck?
  18. glenn bradley

Clamping Blocks for Uneven Pairs

For a previous project I made some custom clamping cauls for some irregular shaped legs. Custom cauls are great and are often the answer. While preparing for a similar clamping challenge I had a thought . . . I cut some half-circles from some thick scrap on the bandsaw and shellacked them...
  19. glenn bradley

Ridgid Cordless Vac Model 3180, Mini Review

Merry Christmas to me. I have another small Ridgid 18v cordless vac that isn't worth spit and so I was challenged to remain objective :). It weighs about 12 pounds and has a large comfortable handle. The included brush and nozzle hose ends fit in a built in storage compartment. It is a 3...
  20. glenn bradley

Pair of Dressers

These are part of the bedroom "collection" that started with the Blanket Chest several months ago. I will take my time on these since I would like to finish them up about the time the remodel of the room where they will go gets done. Ah . . . the best laid plans :D. There will be a pair of them...