Search results

1. P

Quilted Mahogany The Tree

I have several small pieces of Quilted mahogany (The Tree) from my purchase in 1984. These are for sale on ebay if you are interested. Check out RupertSales or search eBay Quilted Mahogany The Tree.
  2. P

QUILTED MAHOGANY "THE TREE." GOING....Going...?

Quilted mahogany, commonly called “THE TREE” has become legendary since 1965 when it was felled in the Chiquibul jungle. Fine Woodworking featured an article in 1985 relating the astonishing story of “the tree’s” journey and obstacles to be overcome transporting it to the USA. I have updated...
  3. P

QUILTED MAHOGANY - "THE TREE"

I posted in January regarding some large boards of quilted mahogany. Recently moving out of my home I discovered four smaller pieces from the legendary Honduran tree. These are the best figuring that is or has been available. Peter : rupert36@gmail.com
  4. P

Quilted/Figured mahogany supply - "The Tree"

I have some (limited private collection) quilted mahogany which was written about by Mark Berry, guitar maker, in Fine Woodworking 1985. "The Tree" has possibly become the most famous individual tree in the world. First Pic: Raw stock with sample finish to show figuring. Second Pic: Shows...