Search results

1. Ken Cook

Best birthday gift ever!

Couldn't decide where I should post this as it would probably fit in a number of different topics, flat work, turning, carving, metalwork, hand tools, leather work etc. etc.....any-way’s, USPS dropped off a package today from Ryan Mooney, and he sent me these for my birthday...I'm still at a...
  2. Ken Cook

Happy Birthday Vaughn

Have a 'Rock Star' day! :beer:
  3. Ken Cook

You folks have pull!

And my eternal thanks!!! She's out of ICU and hopefully will be home in another day or three...working on lung improvement at the moment and will attempt the valve replacement sometime next month if all goes well in-between times. When she went into cardiac arrest, they had to perform CPR for...
  4. Ken Cook

Could use a few more if you got 'em ...

Hit a set back at the start of JoAnn's surgery yesterday morn...when they put her under, her blood pressure dropped and she went into cardiac arrest, needless to say> no valve replacement yet. She's in ICU and finally late last night began coming to. Facing uncertainty in the original plan as we...
  5. Ken Cook

My turn

to request thoughts & wishes...My wife JoAnn is having heart problems, possibly due to a bad valve...While testing they also found something about her kidney they want to investigate further..any-ways, in the middle of running around right now, will fill you all in when I know something more...
  6. Ken Cook

Smokin Grill

Hillbilly style aka poormans paradise... Dry stacked cinder blocks coated with Quikrete's 'QuikWall" {cement & fiberglass mix}. Old aluminum crawl space access cover as a lid. 3" exhaust pipe for smoke flow....still need to have a grate made up and rig up a better firebox door...couple more...
  7. Ken Cook

Happy Birthday Rennie Heuer

Have a great day Rennie! :b-day::beer:
  8. Ken Cook

Happy Birthday Rob Keeble

Hope you have a great day Rob :beer::b-day:
  9. Ken Cook

Name that tune

Need a little help...finally got my guitar build to a playable state, but that doesn't mean my mind is working right lol I'm a wannabe player, and I'm just beginning on trying my hand at finger-picking so please bear with the quality or lack of ;) in the following sound clip.....I've picked up...
  10. Ken Cook

Happy Birthday Karl Laustrup

Hope you're having a great day Karl :b-day::beer:
  11. Ken Cook

Happy Birthday Roger Tulk

Hope you're having a great day Roger :beer: :b-day:
  12. Ken Cook

World needs a snow storm

it is so peaceful outside right now...16 & 1/2 inches of fresh snow over the past 24 hrs or so. Got the truck down to the corner and the wife took over and she made it to work. The main streets are awful, but the side streets are 10 times worse. See 75% or so of my neighbors didn't even try to...
  13. Ken Cook

Family fun

We were just getting tuned up when the Ambassador had to leave, I mentioned something about singing a song and just like that, he had to go :rofl: Had a great time talking finishes and football, our four legged buddies and near everything in between... as usual it was a blast Larry, thanks for...
  14. Ken Cook

Happy Birthday Tom Niemi

Hope you're having a great day! :b-day: :beer:
  15. Ken Cook

2 pill overdose?

I just took a couple of cold pills and now I'm freezing :D
  16. Ken Cook

Bench add-on

Does it ever end? ......I hope not ;) Found some old unused drawer slides while cleaning up after the bench build and danger filled the shop... yep I got to thinking... and after checking the wood stove I realized the burning smell was coming from my brain area... Anyways, one thing lead to...
  17. Ken Cook

First Bench

That hopefully will pass the test of time... Ponderosa pine base, MDF top, wrapped in curly maple... Mortise and tenon legs and stretcher... Doweled top support... Cross members... Coat of epoxy on the knots... Dummy forgot to joint the factory home depot lumber, and the results of the...
  18. Ken Cook

Hurts so good

A week ago I weighed 235 lbs, down from 310 a year ago...one week of the wife making cookies, cakes and pies {she gifts a lot of them to the neighbors} and me happily volunteering as taste tester, and I'm back at 237, with another week or so to go...I need to look up my old buddy Will...
  19. Ken Cook

Good night Joe....R.I.P.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6G1fIbulvo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POaaw_x7gvQ You can leave your hat on Joe
  20. Ken Cook

Bench top attachment

So...how did you mount yours? I'm trying not to use any materials other than wood & glue on my bench {excluding the vise hardware} and could use some experienced thoughts/comments... {the top is 3 layers of 3/4" mdf, banded in maple, if that matters}... I was/am leaning towards locating dowels...