2018 quinceanera plaque

Dan Noren

Staff member
once again, the wife :blah: had another project for me. this time it is for the quinceanera of a young lady at her church. i wanted to go small, she wanted a round plaque, guess who won...

Attachments

• 001 blank glued up.JPG
    001 blank glued up.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 21
got the blank out of the clamps, sanded a good one, milled, and oiled today. couple days from now, shellac...

Attachments

• 002 blank milled cut and sanded.JPG
    002 blank milled cut and sanded.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 26
  • 003 plaque oiled.jpg
    003 plaque oiled.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 22
oh, if i were so lucky ted. :doh: the wife :blah: wanted a complete redesign, as, according to her, some things were wrong. :bang: i made her sit with me, as i ginned up a whole new design. she did that for the nephew's wedding plaque too. all new design, but won't take about 2 days to cut. some days, i just gotta love my wife :blah: (especially since she approved of the first designs for each)....

got the blanks for both new plaques glued up and in the clamps.

Attachments

• 001 first blank in clamps.JPG
    001 first blank in clamps.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 7
  • 002 second blank in clamps.JPG
    002 second blank in clamps.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 7
got the new plaques cut tonight. just have to cut them to round, and finish sand the edges. for the wedding board, i'm going to do the oil and shellac, then add the gold to the names.

Attachments

• 003 quinceanera plaque cut.JPG
    003 quinceanera plaque cut.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 004 wedding board cut.JPG
    004 wedding board cut.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 16
got the plaques cut to round, edge sanded, and oiled yesterday. hope to start the shellac later on today.

Attachments

• 005 quinceanera board cut to round.JPG
    005 quinceanera board cut to round.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 006 wedding board cut to round.JPG
    006 wedding board cut to round.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 8
  • 007 wedding board oiled.JPG
    007 wedding board oiled.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 008 quinceanera board oiled.jpg
    008 quinceanera board oiled.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 15
Great job Dan, but I don’t want to sound picky but the word is quinceañera with the funny thing on top of the n. I know that that letter doesn’t appear on US keyboards, but you could have entered the ASCII code of it. No pun intended at all my friend, it is that it looks and sounds wrong.

Great job Dan, but I don’t want to sound picky but the word is quinceañera with the funny thing on top of the n. I know that that letter doesn’t appear on US keyboards, but you could have entered the ASCII code of it. No pun intended at all my friend, it is that it looks and sounds wrong.

Hold the 'Alt' key and enter '164' for the ñ.

Alt 176 gives you ° for the degree symbol.