2021 gnocchi rolling board

Dan Noren

Staff member
just when i thought that i had run out of ideas this year, i was wrong. someone in a group on fbook asked about them, and i got curious. then i wanted to see if i could make them on the cnc. then i realized, i have some leftover maple that would work just right for this. spent an hour or two last night on vcarve, and came up with an idea for one. i am also thinking about laser engraving a gnocchi recipe on the back, just for the fun of it. now, i am hungry for those lil devils...
gnocchi board.JPG

One of these has been on the list for a while.. I think it'll be pretty easy to so with the router and some spacers. If you don't have one of these it's not super hard to hand roll them and put the dents in with either just your thumb or a fork (fork is better.. the grooves hold sauce). I hand rolled some 30lbs of gnocchi for a brewers dinner at my friends brewery a couple years ago (that was arguably one of the less ambitious parts of the project.. but I was certainly pushing timelines on getting it rolled and into the hands of the cook & servers), kind of a fun project but not sure I'd want to do that every day! Professional chefs have a hard job!

The other pasta tool I've been noodling on (I've gotten as far as stocking some piano wire) is a chittara pasta cutter.