2021 good news....

the 200 count is from mid 2015 until now. this year's count is 47. last year i had 68 sales for the whole year.
Not trying to play one ups manship, but from 2011 to date my sales count is over 470... don't know the $$ amount.... but I think for a while my in person sales were counted in the etsy count as I was drawing inventory out of the etsy listings.... I'm glad to see you doing well and hope it continues way into the future....
my sales have slowed down considerable on etsy, but still doing fair on my in person sales.

GOOD ON YOU... glad to see someone doing well.
My sales have slowed on ETSY for a while now... maybe they will pick up as Christmas approaches.
Did my regular farmer's market yesterday... colder than a well digger's butt, the crowd was a little smaller than usual for this time of year, but sales were acceptable... not as well as I've done in the past, but okay.

My stepson was with me with his pens... he had a pretty good day considering he sells his pens pretty cheap...

yup, i agree with you on that one. the big sellers were the advent candle holders. i suspect that they were getting ready for advent, and now the rush for christmas presents will start soon.

It's getting down to the nitty gritty. Last year I set a personal record with 126 sales and actually sold completely out in my ETSY shop.

This year I have just sold my 121st item. If things don't pick up for Christmas I will not break my record. I shouldn't complain as I am lucky to be selling anything at all. If it wasn't for my wife I probably wouldn't sell anything.

I operate my ETSY shop from Labor Day to New Year's.

Lately I can't sell what I do have.... had a lady send me a note on ETSY with one of my bowls attached... she wanted 2 bowls, 7" dia x 2 1/2" high... I made another bowl that size or very close to it, she didn't want that she wanted another wood... made two bowls from that wood, very close to sizes she wants, not what she wanted, she wanted exact sizes 7" by 2 1/2".... bowl blanks don't always come in that exact size and sometimes turnings are 1/8 or 1/4 inch different.... I no longer do any custom work... I'll make it and if they like it fine, if not.....
As far as special requests, I don't do special requests. Almost always they don't work out. I can't tell you how many times I have turned something for a person and then they say that it is not quite like what they want If I have what you like buy it but don't ask me to make one in some other kind of wood and of a specific size. The customer is not always right and sometimes is a royal PITA.

Is $600 the threshold between hobby and paying federal taxes on the income?
$600 is the threshold for any transaction to be reported to the government. This is a new requirement recently enacted by the current administration. Supposedly if you were to write a check for $601 to pay a power bill this would be reported to the government so they can keep track of your expenditures. They want to make sure that money in equals money out to eliminate money laundering.