3 D Scanner for printing.

Don Baer

Staff member
Well I have just about made up my mind on what I am going to buy to start out my 3 D printing and as soon as I get done with my busy season I will pull the trigger. I'll wait until; I make the purchase before I let the cat out of the bag as to what I have chosen and why. In the mean time my research has turned up some interesting things. I needed a new phone and not even considering 3 D printing I bought a New phone. I don't update very often but when I do I usually go for broke and buy what I consider the best (for my needs) Phone. This year I selected the Galaxy S10+ Note 5G. I can't use the 5 G much yet unless I am down town Phoenix or Tempe but we all know that it's coming and since I only upgrade every 5 year or so. The Verizon guy was telling me how great the camera was and I sorta shined him on because I didn't buy the phone to take picture. Yes I told him picture are great and let it go. Well I have had the phone for a few weeks and have discovered that it has can do sooo many things I am still learning and probably will continue to learn for a long time. Just recently I discovered that it will actually do 3D scanning. This open up a whole new world for me and am looking forward to seeing how it does taking an object and allowing me to duplicate it. I remember my first cellular phone. It was a Bag phone that sat on the seat of my car and could barely make phone call....

As I learn more I'll post some reviews..

https://3dprintingindustry.com/news...with-instant-3d-scanning-capabilities-159877/

Hmmm, I just got a Note S10+ (no 5g, they're never going to get that out by me, lol).

I'll have to check into this...

It's pretty easy to use it's a Bixby function. I already scaned one object and now an in the process of playing with it in Paint 3 D. I can see that trying to hold the camera and do the scan is not th best way to do it. I am thinking about making a fixture to hold the camera still and then use a turn table to move the object.