3 down, 3 to go

Jewelry boxes for the Grand Daughters who range in age from 12 to 1.
Wood is Walnut, Jatoba, Ebony (drawer pulls), Ebony stained walnut (feet), Ash (drawer boxes) and Baltic Birch ply (drawer bottoms and dividers)
Joinery is sliding dovetail (sides to base), rabbets, dowels (end wing rails to stiles).
Wood drawer runners.
Finish is Natural Danish Oil with coats of General Finishes Satin Poly
All lettering is painted with Black Acrylic craft paint.
Lettering and design carved on the CNC. Drawer pulls and feet also cut on the CNC.
Secret drawer behind the bottom drawer and is accessible from the rear. Use a magnet to raise the back panel and pull out the drawer. I put a nice note in there for them to find some day, I hope.
P2260635.JPG
P2250623.JPG
P2250624.JPG
P2250625.JPG
P2250627.JPG
P2250630.JPG
P2240616.JPG
Can you see the magnet in this pic? It blends into the flocking quite well. If not really looking, it probably will go unnoticed. I'll tell the parents that if they have not found it by their 16th birthday, they should show them.
P2240620.JPG

Thanks for looking ... now onto the next three ..

OK, here is the skinny .. but you can tell no one.
picture of the front.
P2230608.JPG
behind the bottom drawer there is a small drawer ...
PB150309.JPG
If you remove the drawers from the front it can be seen ... so not totally secret. In the bottom drawer there is a magnet which you can see here. Held in place by a magnet in the drawer back. With the flocking on the drawer and the magnet block, they blend in very well.
P2060552.JPG
Use the magnet to raise the back panel.
P2060549.JPG P2060550.JPG
There is a magnet (not shown above) in the back wall of the secret drawer. Hold up the back panel with your other hand, remove the magnet from the back panel and use it to pull out the secret drawer. That is all there is to it. Hope this helps. P2240617.JPG

Not having the sides open, I wondered why there were hinges on the back. Then it hit me, the sides open for necklaces. Again, so wonderful, it will live beyond your years on this earth. Have you left a note for each girl in their secret drawer?