9 1/2" Pecan Wood Serving Bowl

Dave Hoskins

First bowl I have used my new Beall Wood Buffing System on. Have to admit I first thought the extra steps might be a waste of time, but no. Not at all. I am not sure if some of what I did was needed, but hey. I did them anyway. I sanded the bowl on down to 800 grit. Then I ran through the 3 compounds of the Beall system. tripoli, white diamond, then carnauba. After wiping the bowl down to make sure no residue was there, I then coated the bowl with walnut oil. I let that dry for about 2 hours. Dried the excess oil and then buffed the bowl again. The added a nice coat of walnut oil wax. Let that dry for a while then buffed that out. Seems to be a nice smooth finish to me. The bowl is 9 1/2" diameter, 3" high, 2 1/2" deep, and holds 6 cups.

Attachments

• BLP259.JPG
    BLP259.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 10
  • BLP259A.JPG
    BLP259A.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 10
  • BLP259B.JPG
    BLP259B.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 9
  • BLP259C.JPG
    BLP259C.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 12
  • BLP259D.JPG
    BLP259D.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 13
  • BLP259E.JPG
    BLP259E.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 13
  • BLP259F.JPG
    BLP259F.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 12
  • BLP259G.JPG
    BLP259G.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 11
Me too.

I get a little cranky when I run out of Blue Bell.... but it's nearly $8 a half gallon up here (unles you just happen to find it on sale) and it's not even the real stuff made in Brenham... some where over in one of the Carolinas... still my go-to for ice cream.

I missed Blue Bell while they were out of production there for a while or what every was happening, certainly couldn't find it here for a year or two. It's much closer to homemade than any other brand I've had.

Prefer home made. My special cook has a Cusinart ice cream maker which does not take much time to whip up a batch. Has a frozen bowl which spins for about 3 minutes and it's done. All kinds of good flavor. She does spoil me just a little.
David

Blue Bell has a warehouse near the food bank I support and periodically they send a truck loaded with 2 or three pallets of ice cream that is in danger of going out of date. Then it's a good time for all, every body gets ice cream. We even send some home with the volunteers just due to the fact that we only have so much freezer space.... good stuff.