A bit older with some handicaps but not out of the game yet.

Bart Leetch

Well I did something that would have been a bit easier a few years ago. I repaired our air conditioning in the 1996 GMC Safari van. I reviewed some of the problems found on Youtube one of them being a hard plastic vacuum line ID somewhere between 7mm & 9mm . Yep it was broken weakened by heat & age. I spliced it with a small piece of vacuum line & made some covers from the same line slit & slid onto the plastic to stop chaffing & touchng hot items & zip tied where necessary. Yes we have air conditioning for our trip to Montana later this year. The default for this system of heat & air conditioning is defrost. I didn't remove the dog house as some have the break was not easy to get to as my hands & arms can attest to. I removed the air breather cover & large tube leading back from it & just barely was able to hook thing together. It's been over 2 years since we had any air flow other than defrost, the line in question was broken in such a way that it sealed it so we had no vacuum leak. We just figured from prior experience it would be an expensive fix. Thank you You tube. Cost less then a dollar.

I remember when I had a leak in the line to my power steering. The shop was going to replace the whole assembly and charge my $300-400. The auto parts store gave me the chuck of tube for free and there were no leaks or problems for the next several years. Bring able to do a little bit of stuff like this can sure pay off like it did for you here :thumb:

Yup. The YouTube has helped save me some serious money lately. Glad you got your AC fixed. Nothing like driving around in an oven. Sometimes I wish they would put those vent windows back on cars.