A Few Tote Bins For My Smaller Size Shop Production Projects

Charles Lent

Staff member
I made 12 of these from 10mm Baltic Birch to use in my shop . A cabinet shop near me has a huge pile of 1' X 5' drops from some large project they are making, so are selling these for $0.50/ft or $2.50 each. I picked up 30 and will likely be going back soon for more, since I've used a bunch of them for making these tote bins. There are 1 1/2" square pieces of the same 100 mm wood with tapered edges attached to the bottoms as feet and to make them stackable. I've been using small cardboard boxes for my small parts for years and they weren't very stackable, so were frequently falling or tipping and dumping their contents. These should solve this when I get back into production of my small scroll saw projects for the coming Christmas Season.

I also made a box for a friend out of this wood, and stained it walnut. Three coats of Gloss Poly later, and it's on it's way to her. I have stained many Baltic Birch boxes that I've made before, but never achieved the results that I got this time. Most Baltic Birch grain is plain and uninteresting. This one turned out very interesting.

These were all built last week and finished in several long afternoon sessions.

Charley

Attachments

• MVC-718FLoRes.jpg
    MVC-718FLoRes.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 31
  • MVC-719FLoRes.jpg
    MVC-719FLoRes.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 33
  • MVC-724FLoRes.jpg
    MVC-724FLoRes.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 32
  • MVC-730FLoRes.jpg
    MVC-730FLoRes.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 31
  • MVC-721FLoRes.jpg
    MVC-721FLoRes.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I don't need any more storage boxes. Although look very nice. It's to easy to accumulate more stuff which I don't need to do. Need to use up what's stashed now.
David