A good day at the gun show.

Don Baer

Staff member
The crossroads of the west Gun show came to town so I figured it was a good time to stock up, they come twice a year. So this is what I scored.

500 rounds of .308 500 rounds of .223 500 rounds of 9mm 1000 rounds of .22 win magnum and the really big score was 200 small pistol primer, 200 small rifle primers and 200 large rifle primers.
20210612_103710.jpg

Nice score! I was packing up my reloading stuff the other night and came across one of dads ammo boxes that I hadn't looked in and found 1000 small riffle primers. Between what I had already and powder in boxes of his stuff I should be set for a good long while.

Nice haul! :thumb: I'm seeing online ammo availability go up lately and the prices starting to drop. I haven't checked any of the local shops because I lucked out and stocked up in November or December of 2019. I primarily shoot 9mm, and when my inventory got below 1000 rounds a months or so ago, I bought 500 rounds to add to the pile. (Prices had finally dropped to about $0.60/round so I grabbed a bit.) I should have waited a month, because it's even lower now if you shop around.

Nice haul! :thumb: I'm seeing online ammo availability go up lately and the prices starting to drop. I haven't checked any of the local shops because I lucked out and stocked up in November or December of 2019. I primarily shoot 9mm, and when my inventory got below 1000 rounds a months or so ago, I bought 500 rounds to add to the pile. (Prices had finally dropped to about $0.60/round so I grabbed a bit.) I should have waited a month, because it's even lower now if you shop around.
that .60/round is for ball I take it, hollow point is about double that around here. I just ordered some bullets and I figure I can reload 9mm hollow point for around .40 per round. It's actually cheaper to reload hollow point then it is ball by about 2 cents per round.

I've been seeing it as low as $.50 around for 9mm lately, as opposed to $1.00 a round it was earlier this year. We'll have to see if it creeps back down further.

I've been seeing it as low as $.50 around for 9mm lately, as opposed to $1.00 a round it was earlier this year. We'll have to see if it creeps back down further.
you got to watch what you buy, some of the manufacturers are using cheap Chinese primers and the ammo is not worth getting. I bought 2 boxes made by Aquila for the .308 and out of 40 rounds I had 6 miss fires.