A new batch of pepper mills

Chuck Ellis

I finished these up last Friday... was to take them to my Farmer's Market last Saturday, but the market was canceled due to weather system.... will go tomorrow.
They are all glue ups from various boards... aspen, paduak, yellow heart, rosewood, brazilian wild walnut, maple veneers and maybe a couple of others I've already forgotten...
344190 (1).JPG 344191 (4).JPG 344192 (4).JPG 344193 (2).JPG 344194 (2).JPG 344195 (2).JPG
All are finished with Old Master's sanding sealer, my versions of an abrasive grit, and several coats of wipe on poly... then buffed with Carnuba.
the one in second picture is about 9 inches tall, the rest range from 10 to 11 inches.

Those look nice Chuck. Where are you getting Yellow Heart? Haven't been able to find any for some time now.
Jay,
I thought I answered this yesterday, my post doesn't show up so guess I only thought the answer.. I buy wood from a local supplier in Seymore,TN called Jeffries Woodworks or something like that... Bob and Cynthia Jeffries are terrific people to work with. The had a board marked Yellow wood or Yellow heart... don't remember which now, but it looks and smells like the Yellow heart I've had in the past.