A New Tool Gloat

So far they look really good. Better than I expected. The blades are steel and rather heavy. I like that the beams aren't real huge, too. I think they are both going to be excellent for layout and machine setup. Markings look to be very precise and the aluminum beam is dead flush with the side of the triangle blade.

I think so, too, Darren.

Here's a link to the source: https://www.chipsfly.com/product/34-290.html

Scroll down. there's some illustrations showing different ways to use it.

In the interest of full disclosure, I did the drawings. I didn't ever expect to see the squares in person unless I bought them myself but the Fed Ex guy left them on my door step surprising me. I have no vested interest in them. I really do think they are excellent.

Nice work on the drawings. I had been looking at some of the other iGaging products for a tool gloat of my own to come soon. ;) They make a nice product. I'll have to add them to my wish list, maybe my Valentine will put a big red heart on them for me.

Thank you. You're right. I bought one of the Snap-Check Pros after doing the instructions for it. Also very nice. I like the dial on the indicator very much.

I hope your Valentine does get you those. Would you like a little bird to plant some hints? ;)

I think you will find them useful. I have the little triangle and use it a lot. I bought it when WoodPecker was having one of their sells of one, limited time, bright red. It was twice as much....or more.... I don't have anything against red, but I found these. May wish one of these days that I had purchased the would set like yours...

I'd be curious, anyone have their router
Quick Change Chucks"? If so what do you think of them?

Which Router? I have their Router Boss with the Dewalt DW625 on it as they show. The Router Boss is excellent. The Dewalt Router is pretty nice on it especially with the plunge assist handle on it. I have quick change chucks on both the DW625 and the DW621. Very nice and easy to use.

Which Router? I have their Router Boss with the Dewalt DW625 on it as they show. The Router Boss is excellent. The Dewalt Router is pretty nice on it especially with the plunge assist handle on it. I have quick change chucks on both the DW625 and the DW621. Very nice and easy to use.

I have a Bosch router mounted in a JessEm router lift. Just curious is the Quick Change Chuck is worth the extra $80 ( that is with the additional 1/4" insert and allen wrench)...

I don't know. It's sure nice to be able to hold on to the bit with one hand and tighten the chuck with the other. With the OEM collets the DeWalt routers require one hand to hold the spindle lock and the other to work the wrench. My DW621 is mounted an a lift and is usually in the router table. It's difficult to access the spindle lock and work the wrench without removing the whole thing from the table. With the chuck and a ball end driver, I can easily hold the bit and tighten/loosen the screw. The long driver makes it easier to reach the chuck from under the table, too.

The stepped reducer is definitely nice in the table. The bore in the DeWalt spindles is deep enough you could loose the adapter down inside when the router is inverted. The shoulder prevent that.

That deep bore in the spindle is why I like to hold onto the bit when putting it in.