A wood carving I did of my Grandson Kaleb

Yeah it's easy they say, take away all the wood that doesn't look like the picture/image they say. I have no talent for this carving. I am envious of those of you that do have that talent and you sir are talented! Hope you wrote a message to him on the back and signed and dated it. Great job!!!:thumb:

Thank you Jonathan...I did sign and date it but I think that you are right on....I should have said more than I did...I know that he loves it and he has it hanging in his bed room.

Looks good Steve.

I'm particularily fond of the pant legs, you did a really nice job on the texture there and the folds add a lot of natural feeling to it. I suspect that the shirt is as nice in person, but the white is tricky to see in a pciture (and I'm sure my eye's aren't helping :) ). :thumb:

Thank you Ryan...Yeah...I know what you mean about the white shirt...Some carvers like for the paint to be transparent...that is ...to see the underlying wood through the paint.

Thank you Thomas...I kept telling Kaleb that he had to be good and listen to his mom if he wanted the carving to hang in his room otherwise I'll let your older sister hang it in her room...He didn't like that at all...Well it is now hanging in his room...Favorite grandparent!?!?...I really don't know?... but he's certainly happy that-that carving is hanging in his room and not his sister's room!