Addition to resume

David Johnson

Living in the country can be fun or not. Neighbors half mile away have free range chickens. Today they wandered into my yard. Ever try to herd chickens???? Not the brightest bulb in the stack. Would not shoo just kinda wandered around me. So got broom and used it to guide there clucking little bodies where I wanted them to go. Took my time and by golly I managed to get them going back where they belong. Wife laughed and said that's a good job for. Anything to amuse an old retired feller.
David

Thats funny. I've got a pretty secure run for my chickens, but there has been a few times the door hasn't been properly closed and there they are, just roaming around like a destructive little girl gang, strolling around, digging things up and pecking at stuff. It cracks me up. But yeah, herding them back into the pen can be challenging. I tend to just get a cup of cracked corn and shake it and they'll follow me anywhere.

Now that you have your Associates in chicken herding you'll have to herd at least 6 more times with varying numbers in both rain and shine to get your Masters. :rofl:

Next step, herding cats....
Speaking of . . .

With six cats, we have quite a time with the exception of morning and evening feeding. My wife keeps dry food out all the time, but feeds them canned food twice a day. She keeps wanting me to get photos of all of them - told her I would as soon as she herds all of them together. No group photo yet!!!