Adjustable Height Work Table - Pairing

glenn bradley

I have had plans to build a pair of adjustable height shop carts for some time.

Shop-Carts (6).jpg
Long ago I bought the casters for them, the t-track, and revised the plan a few times. One of the side effects of COVID was that I picked up one of those Husky adjustable tables at a good price some time ago. This was to become my outfeed table for various machines as the adjustable range suits that purpose. Flash forward to today.

I figured out what it would cost to finalize my shop built table idea. For a few dollars more I just bought another Husky table. Some of the shop built version features that carried over were the compressor on a lower shelf and the hooking of the two of them together for larger assemblies.

Shop-Carts (1).jpg

My initial setup showed the table tops not touching when the bases were in contact. No problem. I will just fashion a couple of bumpers out of UHMW. It is always surprising how much stuff I get out when I am in wing-it mode :D.

Shop-Carts (2).jpg

AFTER I finished making the bumpers I had an idea . . . . I loosened several of the screws that pertained to the table top alignment, clamped the tables together and re-tightened the screws; all better, no bumpers required.

Shop-Carts (3).jpg
I added draw latches top and bottom and everything seems dandy. I had planned to add alignment dowels that would engage when the draw latches were thrown but, so far they seem unnecessary.

Shop-Carts (4).jpg . Shop-Carts (5).jpg