And the ax falls . . .

Paul Hubbman

Just got my two weeks notice at work. At least they gave me that. I've been at the same place for the past 12 years. It should be interesting hitting the job market again, especially with the economy in its current state.
Anyone near St. Louis looking for an architect / planner?
paulh

Sorry to hear the news Paul. :( Well think on the positive side of things it just gives you more time in the shop to build things. :thumb::thumb: Hmmmmm maybe it is time to get that lathe you have always wanted and start spinning. Oh sorry that was me. :rofl::rofl:

Sorry to hear the news Paul. :( Well think on the positive side of things it just gives you more time in the shop to build things. :thumb::thumb: Hmmmmm maybe it is time to get that lathe you have always wanted and start spinning. Oh sorry that was me. :rofl::rofl:

not tryun to start anything but somewhere i heard that canada has something in place to help avoid this in some or most of the business force..??? or were those just false teachings? does canada have a high unemployment rate as well, because of the housing market being slow..

Been there, still there. Also a casualty of the fall in housing and commercial building starts having been in the engineered wood products business. Nothing bright on the horizon right now either.

not tryun to start anything but somewhere i heard that canada has something in place to help avoid this in some or most of the business force..??? or were those just false teachings? does canada have a high unemployment rate as well, because of the housing market being slow..

Not that I have heard larry. Victoria has the highest unemployment rate in the province right now. We do have employment insurance and that pays a max of 400 a week and based on how much you have paid into it you can have up to 52 weeks of coverage. I was laid off from the school district in October due to government cut backs and have 48 weeks of coverage to find a new job or get re hired with the school district. I never stay out of work long usually a couple of weeks but right now there isn't much work out there and i am having fun making christmas presents on the lathe ( great investment). The winter Olympics are just around the corner and things are slowing down on the big jobs and lots of guys in construction are looking for work. Every Tom , Dick and Harry is out looking and hanging their shingles up. Just a flood in the work force now in construction. I am use to this though as I lived up in Northern BC for years and this is common for the winter months in construction. 6-8 months of work and then a few off. Good time to play in the shop. I can see things picking up next year as the housing market has not been effected much here. It actually is better now than it was last year at this time.

My heart goes out to all who are unemployed. There is NO good time for it to happen, but Christmas is REALLY a bummer.

I still got some savings and social security helps - just barely.

Good thing I'm sellin' some stuff, for extras like medical bills, etc.

Wish you all a family to join and feel the love therein.

Bruce