Any of you spinny guys want to help me with a project?

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
I've gotten another order for my bagel stands. The customer wants me to supply some 'fake' bagels that can slip on the stand near the end of the day so the last few bagels don't look like lonely leftovers siting at the bottom of the stands.

Single piece 6" tall 4" in diameter with a 5/8" hole down the center made to look like 4 bagels. I need 5 now but there will be a need for 15 more should they like how they turn out. Then, as the continue to open their stores (2 or 3 per year) there will be a need for an additional 5 for each store.

I'm thinking something very light like basswood maybe?

Ask questions here or PM me - I'm a paying customer!

Bagel Stand Spacer.jpg

Light would probably be good, but something treated with mineral oil and can be sanitized also to be food safe I'd assume too. Unless these go below the bagels, then weight may not be an issue.

Light would probably be good, but something treated with mineral oil and can be sanitized also to be food safe I'd assume too. Unless these go below the bagels, then weight may not be an issue.
They will go below the bagels. I will likely use a cutting board treatment as a finish. They do need to be food safe

I have some advanced students that could turn those for you for the price of postage and you supply the wood. I'll send it back to you for you to finish to your desire if that is okay.
That is perfect! I'll pick up the wood next week and ship it to you, I'll need to glue up 8/4 stock to get the 4" square blanks. How long do you want them? I need a 6" tall finished product.