anyone ever deal with Stepperonline

Nope, but I have had a problem with a bearing going on on one of the cheap steppers on one of my 3d printers. So at the scale you're working at, it might make sense to have that support, depending on the price.

SUPPORT

I know that CNC RouterParts is a very good on support.

I know of several people that had good things to say about them.

Unless another source is SIGNIFICANTLY better pricing - I would not go elsewhere

Support is a key issue.

Then again, if you KNOW what you are doing with the electronics, then the world is open to you.

edit in

When I was considering building a machine I was fully planning to purchase the full 4 axis complete PRO NEMA-34 stepper package from CNC Router Parts. I think the price was around $2500 in 2012 - 2013. That way the support from tthem would be on THEIR specs and they would not be able to blame something else if it didn't work. But - keep in mind, I am extremely limited in electronics. I am mechanical - not electrical.

Last edited:
SUPPORT

I know that CNC RouterParts is a very good on support.

I know of several people that had good things to say about them.

Unless another source is SIGNIFICANTLY better pricing - I would not go elsewhere

Support is a key issue.

Then again, if you KNOW what you are doing with the electronics, then the world is open to you.

edit in

When I was considering building a machine I was fully planning to purchase the full 4 axis complete PRO NEMA-34 stepper package from CNC Router Parts. I think the price was around $2500 in 2012 - 2013. That way the support from tthem would be on THEIR specs and they would not be able to blame something else if it didn't work. But - keep in mind, I am extremely limited in electronics. I am mechanical - not electrical.

The Nema 34 kit assembled is $2575 from CNC router parts. I can buy motors steppers and power and supplies with the exact same performance specs for $329. Having worked in the industry for over 20 year (even if it was a few years back...:rolleyes:) I am not a bit afraid to build my own system and can do very nicely and save over $2200 as long as I have a viable supplier to support me should the components not met the specs or be defective. That's my main concern.

Sounds good.

I remember you said that you worked in the industry. I did too but on the user side, never on the build side. If I had machine problems I would have called you.

Great savings. Does not surprise me at all. For me - I cannot do that.

I don't know if you've bought anything yet from them, but shipping was a bit "high" to say the least. ;)

I put four Nema 34 motors in my cart, $154, the quote for shipping was $128 to $178

I don't know if you've bought anything yet from them, but shipping was a bit "high" to say the least. ;)

I put four Nema 34 motors in my cart, $154, the quote for shipping was $128 to $178

Darren, I just looked at 3 Nema 34 motors and put them in my cart and the shipping costs was $28.00 via UPS ground. When you selected the products did you select the point of origin as US or China, it defaults to China. The list price is slightly higher about $5/ motors higher but the freight is way way lower.

Darren, I just looked at 3 Nema 34 motors and put them in my cart and the shipping costs was $28.00 via UPS ground. When you selected the products did you select the point of origin as US or China, it defaults to China. The list price is slightly higher about $5/ motors higher but the freight is way way lower.
Ah, it didnt have a us button. ;)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk