Anyone is up for a challenge?

Toni, some close up their shops in winter, some open and work in their shops during the winter. What about a time line (example: 2 month working time) and then in March have everyone post their project. Thus more could participate and that does mean more to see!

Please put my name on the list as of now.

All right guys.
Updated list; anyone wishing to participate copy and paste this list adding his name at the end.
  1. Toni Ciuraneta
  2. Darren Wright
  3. Leo Voisine
  4. Brent Dowell
  5. Ted Calver
  6. Vaughn McMillan
  7. David Johnson
  8. Bill Satko
  9. Jonathan Shively

Dates proposed so far :

November 1st to January 15
January 1st to March 15
Two months working time. Dead line March 1st
Any working time, Deadline March 1st

Remember there will be one common item to make, in this way we’ll see different approaches and solutions to the same thing. And there is still plenty of time to decide to participate.
Anyone talked to possible prize sponsors or gifts? Come on guys! This is about team work and have fun doing what we love WW!!!:beer::woot:

Last edited:
Toni, some close up their shops in winter, some open and work in their shops during the winter. What about a time line (example: 2 month working time) and then in March have everyone post their project. Thus more could participate and that does mean more to see!

Please put my name on the list as of now.
Not a bad idea Johnatan. I’ll,add it to the poll when I make it. Let’s see what the rest of people think. We could also just set a deadline to present it.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Updated list:

1. Toni Ciuraneta
  2. Darren Wright
  3. Leo Voisine
  4. Brent Dowell
  5. Ted Calver
  6. Vaughn McMillan
  7. David Johnson
  8. Bill Satko
  9. Jonathan Shively
  10. Jim Delaney

Dates proposed so far :

November 1st to January 15
January 1st to March 15
Two months working time. Dead line March 1st
Any working time, Deadline March 1st

then again, if toni lets me know what needs to be made, i can see if i would still have time to make it before shutting down for the winter. he could tell me on the side, and secrecy would be maintained.... then i would be back in again.

One reason I haven't jumped into this challenge is not knowing what the item is to be.
I know what you mean, figured I would add my name and if beyond my skills, would politely bow out.
Just because this is being organized by someone who produced the following, it doesn't mean we should be worried. Wait...maybe we should!

Toni's Twisted Table.JPG

I'm in...fall and winter is my best shop time too. Haven't done much of anything this summer in the shop due to the heat. What are we making again? :unsure:Or is it up to us?

To clarify to all of who are afraid and wondering: the piece will be the same for everybody entering. It will be left to anyone's interpretation how will it look and be made.

For instance: if the theme is a side table (which is not) everybody will have to make a side table of their own design and skill level, you can just make one from a magazine if you don't feel confident about designing it on your own.
I insist, it is not a side table. And it is a rather siple project depending on what you design or want to do.

For those who are afraid about me, I have to say that I am more afraid of them. If necessary I can be out of the competition. After all there are no prizes yet.

FInal list is as follows.
  1. Toni Ciuraneta
  2. Darren Wright
  3. Leo Voisine
  4. Brent Dowell
  5. Ted Calver
  6. Vaughn McMillan
  7. David Johnson
  8. Bill Satko
  9. Jonathan Shively
  10. Jim Delaney

Given the fact that there are only 10 courageus heroes that want to participate in the quest.:woohoo:I have decided it would be better to agree on a given dealine starting as soon as the poll results are published. I hope that once the theme is known more others will feel the urge to join...

So starting date October 1st (Not October fest:beer:)

Deadline : January 30
Deadline: Februray 28
Deadline: March 30

End of poll September 30.

Wait to know the project after the poll results.

BTW Can one of the mods kindly make the poll, as described above? I don't have a clue how to do it maybe I don't have the rights to post a poll. :huh:

...BTW Can one of the mods kindly make the poll, as described above? I don't have a clue how to do it maybe I don't have the rights to post a poll. :huh:
Done!

I don't have any connections with any of the woodworking companies out there to see if anyone is interested in offering prizes for this challenge, but perhaps other members here know someone to contact. :thumb: