Anyone is up for a challenge?

No Toni, was not meaning for you to bow out of the competition. Like any other skill, if you don't compete against the best, you will never up your game (increase your skills). Any hints of what you are thinking about? Flatwork, turning, combination?

I have several projects going at any one time. Restricting to a solid 2 month time period for me is extremely difficult. I would prefer to have an END date of end of March and a START date at beginning of October. There are times whereas I cannot devote all my time to any one project.

So - I am really proposing Oct thru end of March.

Judging to be Early April.

I have several projects going at any one time. Restricting to a solid 2 month time period for me is extremely difficult. I would prefer to have an END date of end of March and a START date at beginning of October. There are times whereas I cannot devote all my time to any one project.

So - I am really proposing Oct thru end of March.

Judging to be Early April.

I can understand that, on nice days I am cutting firewood, raining, I can be in the shop.

Allright guys! The D day has arrived at last!
The final list of participants is:

1. Toni Ciuraneta
  2. Darren Wright
  3. Leo Voisine
  4. Brent Dowell
  5. Ted Calver
  6. Vaughn McMillan
  7. David Johnson
  8. Bill Satko
  9. Jonathan Shively
  10. Dan Noren

Dead line March 30/ 2023
Pics of the process and final one to be posted on the deadline day, NOT BEFORE!
The poll will be posted that same day and there will be one week left to vote! The poll is open to all family members! So please vote!

Anyone wishing to participate just copy and paste this list adding your name at the end. The challenge will not close to give anyone the opportunity to jump in!

And the project is: (drum roll)
A coat hanger! of those that one screws to a wall. It can be Single or multiple, to hang only coats or hats as well, or whatever other personal item one carries outside and leaves at the entrance hall when entering home. (umbrella, gun holster, bike helmet etc. etc.) Be creative, push your limits and don’t be lazy ( a nail in the wall won’t do) and let yourself go wild.

You've got six months to make it, so don't start a week before the deadline just to fulfil the requirements, because it will show.

It will take me six months to find the right bent nail which reminds me of a funny story.

There was this wealthy man who owned a huge ranch and loved to breed horses. He was famous for the quality of his horses.

For many years he was single but finally on a business trip he fell in love with a beautiful blonde city girl. She knew nothing about ranching or horses but that did not matter because he loved her. They married and she moved to the ranch.

The rancher had to go on a business trip and asked his wife to accompany him down to the barn so he could show her which mare was to be artificially inseminated by the veterinarian while he was gone. He showed his wife the stall and pointed out that there was a bent nail on the door frame next to the stall. That was how she was to recognize which horse was to be bred and she could show the man that was coming.

A couple of days later the vet came out and knocked on the front door and explained who he was and why he was at the ranch. The pretty blonde wife said she knew why he was here and that she knew which horse he was to breed. She took him down to the barn and directly to the stall with the mare her husband wanted bred. The vet had figured out she was a city girl and wanted to pull her leg a little and asked how she knew that was the correct horse. She said, "Because the horse is in the stall with the bent nail beside the door."

The vet continued and asked, "And what is the bent nail for?"

She answered, "I guess it is where you are supposed to hang your pants." :p