Anyone Want to Learn Something About Using SketchUp?

What time would folks be interested? Let's use Central Standard Time.

• 3:00 pm

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 4:00pm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:00 pm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:00 pm

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 7:00 pm

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

Dave Richards

This was spurred by a thread on another woodworking forum in which people were talking about how hard SketchUp is. I was wondering if there'd be any interest in some sort of Intro to Sketchup sorts of sessions. I was thinking maybe I could take a reasonably simple piece of furniture (so we don't wind up off in the weeds somewhere) and do a live modeling session and talk about what I'm doing and why. Folks could ask questions as we go along. It would need to be limited to maybe 20 people.

Any thoughts? Interest?

Sweet!

I'd definitely be interested in how to make some of those cool renderings that look more 'realistic' or 'stylized'

I did a live session with Dave some years ago and found it very helpful so if you are stuck, just getting started or just want to hone your skills this is a great opportunity. Dave is a great teacher.
Ditto!

I was really comfortable using a 2D drawing program and had tried for a few years to transition to SketchUp to no avail. In a matter of minutes on the phone with Dave, I was on my way. If he can't teach you, you're unteachable! o_O

Sorry, went with the latest option, but depending on the day, I can work around an earlier time.

This may be a more advanced topic, but I would like to learn how and some best practices for doing multi contoured surfaces, such as hand grips and such.

No worries Darren.

As for the multi-contoured surfaces, that might be a thing for another session but I'm sure we can do something. If you send me a picture of the sort of grip you're thinking of, that'll help.

d

So far 7 votes and 9 respondents to the thread.

7:00 PM Central Time has the lead. Would Wednesday work? If so, I'll schedule a session and send a link via private message to those who are in.