Anyone Want to Learn Something About Using SketchUp?

What time would folks be interested? Let's use Central Standard Time.

• 3:00 pm

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 4:00pm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:00 pm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:00 pm

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 7:00 pm

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
I had planned to attend the guild meeting, but I think my discussion with the training coordinator can happen over the phone instead. Count me in.

Is there a specific version of SketchUp you want us to use? I think I have 2017 loaded currently.

Hi Darren. I didn't mean to screw up anyone's plans. If it's OK, we'll go ahead. Otherwise maybe we can find another day. With Robotics meeting three evenings a week (Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday) during build season, I figured Wednesday would be my next shot at it.

As for version, I would suggest a desktop client version if you want to play along. I was mostly thinking I'd demonstrate modeling a piece of furniture and we'd talk about what I'm doing, how, and why as it goes along.

How is this “class” going to work? Is it “real time”? Do we sign into a certain website?

The class will run through GoToMeeting. I will share my screen with you. It will be real time. Audio can be via your computer's microphone and speakers or better, a headset, or there will be a phone number to call if you need to use your telephone. For those with webcams, I'll ask that those be turned off to preserve bandwidth.

Larry, you can stick with the version you are using. I'll be doing the demonstrating anyway. If you have a second screen and want to try to keep up, that's great but don't feel you have to.

Jack, I'll add you to the list. I'll set up the meeting today and once I have the invitation set up, I'll send a PM. I think I should be able to send it to all who indicated already in one swell foop.

OK. I sent out invitation via private conversations. I had to do it in three batches (Batches? We don't need no stinkin' batches! :D ) due to the number of people. Hopefully I've got you all invited.

So thanks to all who were able to join in last night. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

If there's interest we can do another one of these things. Maybe in a couple of weeks. Would a Q&A format work? If so, I could start a thread where you folks could post a few questions and I can go through them one at a time.

I'll add my thanks to Dave for his time and expertise last night. I picked up more useful tricks and techniques during the session than I've been able to figure out on my own over the last 10+ years. And I'll be glad to join in another one. (And I promise Ted and I will try to not keep you up past bedtime talking about scorpion hunting and robots, lol.)