AquaNet super strength

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I went to pull a part off the printer today that had fully cooled, it came off quite easily, but noticed something strange on it out of the corner of my eye.
2020-04-30 11.31.21.jpg

Seems a piece of glass came with it off the borosilicate plate. The plate wasn't cracked, just missing the divot, so flipped it over. I will order another, but just found it odd. :dunno:
2020-04-30 11.31.31.jpg

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
I've had that happen even without using spray.

I don't really use it much anymore, because I get tired of cleaning off the glass.

I usually use DNA to just clean the glass as much as possible.

That being said I do find different filaments stick different. So sometimes I have to adjust my z Offset in order to get some to stick right.

Had some wood filament that wasn't my usual brand that I really had to work on adjusting the z height to get it to adhere at all.

Bill Arnold

Staff member
I use AquaNet for all my printing. I had the divot thing happen one time when I was trying to force a piece off the glass. If an item is more stubborn than normal, I stick it in the fridge for a few hours and it'll come off with no problem.

Last edited:

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I use AquaNet for all my printing. I had the divot thing happen one time when I was trying to force a piece off the glass. If an item is more stubborn and normal, I stick it in the fridge for a few hours and it'll come off with no problem.
Yeah, I've had that happen too, this one wasn't even stuck when I picked it up, obviously just fused and caused some stress for the glass. I'm printing on the other side now, but should have the new one tomorrow.