Atezr V35 Pro Laser Build

well 1Hour 5 minutes and 23 seconds it is built and ready to fire up. I was up at O-dark Thirty this morning so I'll hold off firing it up tonight. I am still waiting on the mesh bed, that will be here tomorrow so I am calling it a night. The little operator pendant has a magnet so it is not loose that just a convenient place to stick it.

20230527_170619.jpg

I have seen a ton of vidios about the 20 watt since it been out longer. Have you bought the extended rails for the longer Y axis?
I did not get the extended rails, the standard p-20 has meat all my needs. I use 1/8 and 1/4 stock plywood, cherry and oak. No problems. 2 passes at most.

It's ALIVE.... I had to wait for my mesh table to come in. I turned it on and put a piece of BB on the table. I loaded in a test file that came with the machine and fired up the machine...
20230529_133956.jpg20230529_134542.jpg
now come the learning curve. I need to set up Light burn. The machine worked out of the box.
the test piece is 40 mm square. I guess its time to read the manual...lol

Like 3d printining, there are test files that you can run on material that will adjust the feed and power throughout the test to see what settings work best for the given material. I’d download or create one and do it for the materials you plan to work with.

Like 3d printining, there are test files that you can run on material that will adjust the feed and power throughout the test to see what settings work best for the given material. I’d download or create one and do it for the materials you plan to work with.
I plan on doing just that this week. Right now I am still learning the little subtle bits in lightburn.

I'm trying to do some research on getting a diode laser to add to my CNC Build, but what a confusing market place.

Seems like a lot of the diode laser ratings are exaggerated and finding accurate information is difficult.

I'm currently working under 2 contradicting assumptions

1) If it's too inexpensive to be believed, it probably isn't true
2) If it's really expensive, there are probably cheaper alternatives just as good

I'm not really looking for one powerful enough to cut through plywood or mdf, just something strong enough to do some decent 'engraving' with.

LOL. I need to do some more research to see exactly what specs are important and find a reputable dealer. I've been happy with Jtech Photonics before so might start there.