Autum leaves

glad to see my favorite Spaniard is back chipping away:) you need to stay at it toni.. waiting that long between starts and stops takes away the momentum and the flow of steps needed to complete them..

Looking great Toni. I am so glad you branched out into carving. I think you have really found your woodworking forte. I just love your stuff.
Thanks Glenn, but I think I will keep both, carving and woodworking, in the coming weeks I will be posting some of the works I've been doing but didn't dare to post. Wait and see...

Beautiful work, Toni! I can't even imagine the amount of patience it takes for that kind of endeavor.
Thanks Bill, although I'd say that it is perseverance rather than patience what is needed, I'm ashamed to admit that I started this one a year ago,

glad to see my favorite Spaniard is back chipping away:) you need to stay at it toni.. waiting that long between starts and stops takes away the momentum and the flow of steps needed to complete them..

My pleasure Larry, you are right, steady work is what I need in many aspects of my life :).

Just an update.

I'm getting almost there, this project its being a real challenge, not only because of the dificulty but also to get enough will power to finish it.
So here you have some pics of its present state. leaves001.jpgleaves002.jpgleaves003.jpgleaves004.jpg

Funny enough two of those pictures create an optical effect on the viewer that makes the leaves look as if they were in negative, I mean sunk in the wood instead of portruding.

WOW that in incredible.

I cannot even begin to fathom how much patience that takes. I know you have started and stopped several times and this is 1-1/2 years in the making.

It takes an intense artistic vision to be able to "see" the leave "as" you are carving it. Sure the outside shape is easy - but the contour of the leave, with the gouges in hand while carving away the wood - THAT - is incredible.

I take my hat off and bow to you sir.

THAT - IS - a Truly Amazing work of art.

Do you also to sculpting in other materials?

Creativity & talent by the hand & mind of man. WOW!
Toni, that is not only absolutely beautiful, it's a museum piece! That work of art should be on display for the public & posterity to appreciate what can be done by the hand & mind of man. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Mon Ami you blow me away with your talent.

Toni you should try making a stop motion video of you carving. That would be so so cool to see.
Something like the guy that made those chairs in stop motion. Dont ask me how to even begin to go about it. :)

sent from s4

Toni, I read tfirst post on this thread and got excited you were on your way back over to us at the states! :thumb: Then I saw I had already replied so looked at the date :( . Another masterpiece in the making! Is a miscut easier to hide in this type of carving? Are you going to stain/paint it different colors or leave it natural? Man that is great Toni!

That is looking great Toni, I noticed your trick photography, neat how they came out at way:) How much more to go on this?

The trick was not something I wanted they just came out that way. To answer your question Tom, I think I've still got some 8 or 10 hours to go. That if I don't stain it which is something I'm thinking about.

Toni, keep the carving away from the wind. The leaves might blow away.
If the wind is strong enough to blow those away, I'd better hide underground :rofl:

Creativity & talent by the hand & mind of man. WOW!
Toni, that is not only absolutely beautiful, it's a museum piece! That work of art should be on display for the public & posterity to appreciate what can be done by the hand & mind of man. :thumb::thumb::thumb:
Thanks Al, I appreciate your enthusiam and the fact that you like it, but I still have a lot to learn.

Toni, I read tfirst post on this thread and got excited you were on your way back over to us at the states! :thumb: Then I saw I had already replied so looked at the date :( . Another masterpiece in the making! Is a miscut easier to hide in this type of carving? Are you going to stain/paint it different colors or leave it natural? Man that is great Toni!

Yeah! It is taking me a while to finish this one, it is so demanding that I pick and drop it because there have been times that I've been tempted to set fire on it, and I'm not kidding. And yes, I'm thinking about staining it but I have to think about it very carefully or I may spoil it completely.

WOW that in incredible.

I cannot even begin to fathom how much patience that takes. I know you have started and stopped several times and this is 1-1/2 years in the making.
It takes an intense artistic vision to be able to "see" the leave "as" you are carving it. Sure the outside shape is easy - but the contour of the leave, with the gouges in hand while carving away the wood - THAT - is incredible.
I take my hat off and bow to you sir.
THAT - IS - a Truly Amazing work of art.
Do you also to sculpting in other materials?
Thaks Leo, but your signs are not far from this, to answer your question I've done some stone carving but it is too noisy and dusty although I like it a lot as well.

Sharon, Rob, Paul, Bill, Garry Thanks a lot for your comments. They keep me going at it. :thumb: