Auxilliary Bathroom Remodel

I'm actually not sure what I did today. Fixed that leak and put in another joist, but other things just kept taking up my time. Of course I didn't get back from town till like 11:30am, so. Oh well, Maybe tomorrow I can start slapping down the flooring. Getting the joists down though is the part that I'm concentrating on to make sure the floor will be flat and level.

Well, Hopfully this will keep the floor from falling down. Next up is to put the subfloor on.

Ordered the shower kit and vinyl plank flooring today. I'll probably not pick it up till thursday though.

floorjoists.jpg

Small leak that had to fixed from the old plumbing. This happened yesterday

Trip #5 complete. The return desk girl recognized Brent going back to the plumbing aisle, but pretended she didn't know him :rofl:

Here's where we stand so far:

Brent - 5 (actual to date)
Vaughn - 5
Jim - 9
Don - 11
Rennie - 14
Darren - 30

He went down today to pick up the actual shower parts, so we won't consider that a plumbing trip. So far Vaughn is in the lead. Remember it's who's closest without going over.

...He went down today to pick up the actual shower parts, so we won't consider that a plumbing trip. So far Vaughn is in the lead. Remember it's who's closest without going over.

Sure it counts! he knew he was gonna need that stuff, and he coulda picked it up on an earlier trip. :D

BTW, has he picked up the subfloor materials yet? That could be yet another trip! :rofl:

Well, did the job I was dreading to do, pulling down the ceiling. It had to be done since I removed the wall in the center left 2 uneven parts to it with a beam across the center.

It also had a terrible job of texturing applied to it.

So, Dressed for battle with my trend airshield and a garbage bag and a crowbar. Pulled the ceiling down with the insulation. Found a number of dead rodents along with a lot of the stuff they leave behind. If I get the hantavirus, well, we will know why.

But at least now most of the deconstruction is done and I'll have my buddy the guitar playing electrician come over and give me a hand with the electrical. Hoping to work on getting the electrical and plumbing done in the next couple days and move on to the sheetrock from there.

Need to decide on bathroom fixtures though. I'm out of my element on knowing how many lights and where to place them though. At least I know where I want the outlets to go in the bathroom.

preparedforbattle.jpg
ceilingdown.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks 5 trips for the plumbing rough-in is pretty good?

I had full faith he could get it done in 5 trips...hence my estimate. Little did I know Sharon was going to keep moving the goalposts to include all of the Change Orders that have been added to this project. :rofl:

All bets are off on any project that involves "my buddy the guitar playing electrician":rofl:

My shop subpanel was installed and wired by my buddy the guitar playing electrician. :D And he only needed one trip to Lowe's...to handle a change order I wanted. :rofl: