Auxilliary Bathroom Remodel

your a glutton for punishment...
Sorry, but I'm too old to live with the worse bathroom in my whole life. I have flash backs to the 70's every time I go in there (no pun intended).. I don't even turn on the 8-fixture lights anymore, they are so gaudy. But seriously, this one should be a piece of cake compared to the other one. No walls to tear out. Electric should still handle future plans. Sounds like a good winter project to me.

This "we". Is it a literal "we", or a figurative "we"? Asking for a friend. :chair:
Glad you asked that question. It's figurative (mostly). And you know I'm funning you, Ted.

In my defense, I completely painted the interior of our great room, guest bath and guest room, as well as ordering all the carpeting, furniture, etc. Brent did the baseboards, doors and heavy lifting. (That's the "we"). Take a look at the perfect ceiling to wall lines, which I am famous for. I am available for hire :)

Attachments

• paint lines.jpg
    paint lines.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 14
So, Apparently, 1 year ago, I started tearing this thing apart.

A month ago I special ordered a 10" rough in 1.6gpf toilet from Home Depot, and it was supposed to arrive today but didn't.

I still have to replace the doors and do a little caulking and painting, but except for the toilet, which would take 10 minutes to install, I'm very close.

I'll probably see if I can find a suitable toilet for sale and just return the one to home depot when it arrives.

but, I'm pleased with how it's turning out.

1606798030086.png

br_almostdone_1.jpg

br_almostdone_2.jpg

Thought about it it, but really didn't like the idea of an offset flange restricting the flow.

They do make the 10" rough ins, so will just have to find the one I want.

The bathroom is looking great Brent! Seems like a lot of household items are taking forever to come in now, my son and daughter-in-law ordered all new appliances for their kitchen in August, the dishwasher and microwave came in quickly, but the range and refrigerator sounds like it may be next year before those come in.

Thanks Tom!

I told Sharon she needs to start designing the master bathroom remodel so once the toilet gets in, we can start on that. I've got a couple weeks off coming up later in Dec, so would like to see how much I can get done on it then. It's basically just a replace the shower and cabinet job, not nearly as much demo and rebuild, and she gets to handle all the painting, lol.

We'll see how long that takes, but at least we'll have this one to use until it gets finished.