Baltic Birch Plywood Prices

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Just curious what others are paying for a 4' x 8' sheet of Baltic Birch plywood. I'm pricing materials for a SUV toolbox my next door neighbor wants built. The local lumberyard (a rare sight in this town) has 1/2" BB ply for $58.00/sheet and the 3/4" is $77.50. Their AC Fir plywood is only about $5 to $7 cheaper, and for a storage box with drawers, I think the BB would be much better. (And nicer to work with, too.)

So...how much is decent plywood in your neck of the woods?

A couple weeks ago I paid $29.00 for half inch and $52.00 for three-quarter inch at Hartville Hardware. The half inch was on sale - marked down from $34.00.
The only other place around here that stocks it is more expensive, but still not as high as what you're paying.

Thanks, guys. I'm not surprised to see that BB ply is expensive here compared to other places in the country. Seems like any wood products here are at the upper end of the pricing scale. I thought hardwood lumber was expensive in Los Angeles until I moved to NM, lol.

That said, it looks like the neighbor wants to move ahead on the tool box project, so I'll be posting pics and likely asking more questions before too long.