Bandsaw Door Mod

glenn bradley

My bandsaw stands with its spine towards the wall. There are clamps and other items hanging on that wall. This means that it is easier for me to take the doors off when changing blades. If you have bandsaw door hinges like this.

Bandsaw Door Mod (1).jpg

It may just be my inherent natural lack of coordination. One thing I dreaded most about changing bandsaw blades was putting the darn doors back on. I would get one pin lined up and then have it slip off as I tried to align the other pin to drop the door into place.

Take a few moments out of your life and grind (or hacksaw) one of the pins to make it about 1/8" shorter than the other. I chose the lower pin on each door.

Bandsaw Door Mod (2).jpg

For me, this now means that I can hook the upper pin into the hole and swing the lower pin into position with much more poise.

Bandsaw Door Mod (3).jpg . Bandsaw Door Mod (4).jpg

Last edited:
Yep! Simple. Elegant. Works!!! And I have that same (or similar) bandsaw - G0513. Now I have another item on my list! Thanks, Glenn!!!!!

Oh, and 10-4 on what Vaughn said!

Never thought of doing that! Hmmm. Might get my doors back on. Hated not having them on but they were really aggravating. If the blade jumped off for whatever reason it couldn't get me, but still the doors should be on it. If for no other reason than to get them out from under my feet!

Never thought of doing that! Hmmm. Might get my doors back on. Hated not having them on but they were really aggravating. If the blade jumped off for whatever reason it couldn't get me, but still the doors should be on it. If for no other reason than to get them out from under my feet!

Coffee on the monitor!