Bathroom Drawer Organizers

glenn bradley

I had other things to do and so had someone else remodel a couple of bathrooms. They were quicker than I would have been and probably did a better job overall. Knowing the natural behavior of the people who dwell in this region I see this commercial drawer just waiting to become the bathroom equivalent of the kitchen catch-all drawer.
Bath Drawer Org (1).jpg
My inner-organizing demon breaks free. I ripped some 1/4" HDF into 3" strips, set up a 45 degree v-groove bit in the router table, and went to it.
Bath Drawer Org (2).jpg
I used the bit to cut the outer corner miters, the v-grooves for the dividers, and the mating points on those dividers.
Bath Drawer Org (3).jpg
Bath Drawer Org (4).jpg
I used part of the profile on this molding bit to apply a slight round over to the tops of the parts. The fence sets the depth limit.
Bath Drawer Org (5).jpg
The parts are sanded, sealed, and left to dry. The parts friction-fit in the drawer like a puzzle and get me something like so.
Bath Drawer Org (6).jpg
Other drawers will have other patterns depending on their use.

As a bonus you could make a little box to sit on top of that assembly to double the space and ensure that the things in the bottom area are lost to all history...
SWMBO had asked for just such a thing in the form of a sliding tray. We took a tour of the common use of drawers in her domain. I demonstrated how a height limit had to be understood and followed if the tray were to move forward and back as designed. After a brief discussion this feature was removed from the work order.

Here's a drawer from a different bathroom.
Bath Drawer Org (7).JPG

Last edited:
Let’s not forget replacing drawer boxes all together…
;)
index.php

I’m not sure I ever posted the final pc, with electrical plug on a timer switch in the drawer. The timer was above the vanity on the wall.