Bathroom remodel

Also be sure to use large water hammer arresters I made mine but you can find the larger ones out there. Mount it securely and it should be fine. I reinforced mine due to the fact the children are harder on the equipment than I ever would be.
My last house didn't have any arresters in the house. I had recalled my dad telling me that one of his plumbers used to put a 30" tall piece of 3/4 on the water main as an arrester. While installing the tankless water heater I did just that and it resolved any pipe banging or chattering for the entire house. Prior to doing so I was replacing toilet valves about every 6 months, never had another issue after that.

Interesting, did you just use an empty chamber or what did you use for the piston?

Side note: what a great thread, tons of super interesting info here (y) (y)
empty chamber I like to use about 8-10 inches of 3/4 copper capped at one end and I use a copper 3/4 x1/x1/2 copper T. One for each side. Never had a problem with them.
My last house didn't have any arresters in the house. I had recalled my dad telling me that one of his plumbers used to put a 30" tall piece of 3/4 on the water main as an arrester. While installing the tankless water heater I did just that and it resolved any pipe banging or chattering for the entire house. Prior to doing so I was replacing toilet valves about every 6 months, never had another issue after that.
a 30 incher would handle every thing very well. I have them on my sink and shower supplies only. Never even thought of doing the big one for the whole house.

If you have a neighbor on that side of the house, ??
I had an apartment in San Carlos, Calif that had a window in the shower... the other side of the window was the walkway around the mezzanine for the other apartment dwellers to come and go....
We are on 1and 1/3 of an acre. There is a neighbor but he is never out, however yes the lower pane of that window is getting the opaque decal. The windows are usually open here from Halloween to May sometimes sooner sometimes later. As long as it is below 78 at night and lower humidity we are good.

Glad you got that finished... I've redone one bathroom when we lived in Humble just north of Houston... when the house was built the shower drain was a bit out of center, so the builders just forced the pipe into place... over the years the pipe finally warped and collapsed and the shower would fill up and a couple of times overflow... I had to strip the pan out, build another pan from scratch so I could center the drain, then re-tiled the shower and while at it, re-tiled the whole room... was a fun project, but sure was glad to finish it.