Bon Bon Jar

So I know that's not how it actually is, but somehow the yew had a bit of an optional illusion where it looks almost pillowy like it's slightly raised from the mahogany. I think it might be the way you oriented the grain and the slight curve to the grain.

Kind of makes this an excellent and interesting example of how segmented work can work with the wood to enhance it instead of being about the segmentation alone. Very nice piece!

....... interesting example of how segmented work can work with the wood to enhance it instead of being about the segmentation alone. ...
One of my aims Ryan when turning is to try and let the wood take centre stage and endeavour to do the same with the simple segmenting; as much as I appreciate the accuracy of preparation and skills involved in finely detailed segmented work (never mind the inordinate amount of patience and time) I see the wood used as just the media in creating a piece of art.

I think staved construction when doing segmented work provides for the best effects as evidenced by Charles bon bon jar.

By the way, Charles, how large is your jar? It doesn't look like it will hold a large number of bon bons. Was that intentional?:LOL: