Bookmark from thin plywood

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
This is something I found on thingiverse, cut from 1/32" birch plywood. Surprisingly the speed and power to cut this was the same as my 1/8" stuff, must be some dense stuff.

This will be going to one of our librarians at work, will see how long it takes her to notice it. :D

2018-11-09 20.00.32.jpg 2018-11-09 20.09.44.jpg 2018-11-09 20.10.37.jpg

Wow, you found a source for 1/32" plywood. I have some business cards made from that...something you might look into. ;)

I found the plywood to be a bit stiff and could possible tear the pages of a book if used with the lip that was cut into them. I have a bunch of business card sized cardboard/kraft paper cards I got. I found I could stack these and cut 3 of the bookmarks out at a time.

I took a few to work and placed them around my co-workers desk. She went almost all day without noticing, so I finally walked up and pointed one out. She about fell on the floor laughing, but they fit in with her personality so well she didn't notice the one right in front of her staring her in the face. :)

catbuttbookmarks.jpg

They seemed to be a hit, I gave all of them away, so came home and cut about 40 more out (15 minutes worth).