Bowed Clamping Caul and Clamping Beam Storage

glenn bradley

Folks that have been here a while will know that every now and then I trip over something or have to move it one too many times. I drop everything and deal with whatever it is that has crossed my threshold of tolerance :rolleyes:. Obviously these are a personal problem but you never know when something may help someone out.

My bowed cauls have never had a home in the new shop. They lean in the corner on top of a subwoofer and awkwardly close to my I-Beam clamps. Likewise my bench beams, or clamping lifts, or whatever you call yours, were stuffed in the gap between the drawer unit and the top of my clamping table. This killed the ability to reach under the top for clamping situations. Time to solve both of these troublemakers.

I used some of that cabinet plywood that I got for free because it was water damaged. Measure out, drill some holes and connect the dots with the bandsaw.
Caul Org (1).jpg

Knock the sharp edges off and put on some finish. Here's a use of that hand cream jar I keep loaded with clear shellac and a pad.
Caul Org (2).jpg

Some pocket holes on opposing sides driven into studs hold them up. This is why I mark my stud locations on the floor and ceiling :sneaky:.
Caul Org (3).jpg

A home at last.
Caul Org (4).jpg

Now I have one less thing to curse at while I am trying to do something.