Boy I got my come uppence this month

Gee whiz Chuck, that is tough. I went through something similar a few years back and spent the better part of three weeks off and on in the hospital as they tried to get an infection in my pericardial sac under control. During all of that I also developed atrial fibrillation. They put me on a blood thinner Eliquis which I remain on to this day. It is significantly less expensive than Xarelto. Warfarin (generally the name used when it is in a bait for rodents) and coumadin have long been effective blood thinners. Apparently the biggest problem with this drug is that it can make your blood too thin and almost impossible to stop bleeding.

I wish you all the best.

No symptoms at all... I see a cardiologist regularly -- about 3very 6 months -- because of the history in my family... My father and 3 of his brothers all died of heart attacks - albeit at ages 75 and up ... one uncle was a lot younger, but was a heavy smoker and drinker as was my did who died at 74.... their eldest brother died of pneumonia in the '20s... I was diagnosed with a heart murmur and couple of years ago so they were watching that and my May visit to the Cardiologist he sent me for an echocardiogram which evidently revealed the Stenosis.

Still no symptoms that I can discern.
I've got the "sudden massive heart attack, die young" thing on one side of my family and "Super longevity" on the other side. I used to have some angina until I lost some significant weight. None of my Dr. visits have ever included the word "Cardiologist"... Thanks for the reply. Currently I have no symptoms of anything except normal wear and tear...

Alan

A quick up date... my leg is only half purple now, with some tinges of yellow and green... I call it my gay leg now with the rainbow colors.
Getting better slowly, can walk about the house without having to use a walker... about 90% +/- steady on my feet. can't stand for long periods of time yet.
On the Aortic Stenosis, which the Dr's are calling severe... no pains, just a bit of shortness of breath, but most of that I attribute to being 80 years old and not
the young stud I used to be.... still planning to be here at 109...

Thanks for all the well wishes.
Chuck