going to be busy with this one. the boards are 13 inches long, and 5 1/2 inches wide. after much searching, and paying for just the right font, i should be ready to start making them in the next day or two.
finally got the laser running, and started in on these. the first test ran ok, the second test ran ok, the first real one ran ok. but, when i started the second real one, the fun started. it would go from the start point (using lightburn), then it would do sort of a shuddering, and screw up from there. tightened the belts, loosened the belts, but there is no happy medium.
yesterday, i was going to work on getting more of these done, but the hardware had other ideas. i got the movement speed under control, by slowing it way down, from 500 mm/min, to 50. moves real smooth now. then problems with the x axis motor. it would scoot over from the start point, and shudder a bit. even after cancelling, checking all the belts for too tight or loose, i've narrowed it down to the old nema 17 from the original set that came with the cnc. as the new motors for the y axis came as a set of 3, i have a spare motor to swap it out with. i've changed the motors, and reassembled what i had to take apart to get at it, and just have to hook up the wires.
lets hope that was all there was to it.