Brian's shop

When its all set up it wont be so messy. That's my story any way.
My story too. When we are in mid project the work area looks like a work area. If you're like me you can picture your end result in your head. This is what keeps me from going bonkers (most of the time anyway) when things are in a shambles and I can't do anything about it :D

Made more progress today until it got to hot in there. Got some shelves put up and more stuff off the floor.
20210725_163459.jpg
Got the compressor and "dust collection" put in place. Shop vac is not the best but it is better nothing.
20210725_153717.jpg
And a close up of the shop mascot. Every shop needs a mascot. He is one of the Paddington/Craftsman collector bears from about 15 years ago. He wears my grandfather's safety glasses. He was a machinist and died in 1972, before I was even born.
20210725_163515.jpg

I love the clamp rack, that's been my biggest hurdle is deciding how to do my clamps, i've been thinking about a rolling clamp rack cart, i saw a pic of a really nice one before and it would be nice to be able to move them next to the project when needed but out of the way when not.

I love the clamp rack, that's been my biggest hurdle is deciding how to do my clamps, i've been thinking about a rolling clamp rack cart, i saw a pic of a really nice one before and it would be nice to be able to move them next to the project when needed but out of the way when not.
It kind of depends on how many clamps you have and how big your shop is. I had a rolling rack in my last shop, but didn't really have the room to roll it anywhere in the shop. Also, I have more clamps than would fit on it, so I ended up with clamp storage on one of the walls, too.

I'll just toss out that I tried this and it was never out of the way. Just food for thought.